If people say maxroll builds are bad

Again, comparing real life to a silly video game is nonsensical and doesnt help your point. To me, the point of games is to get good at it and beat content. If you have to do what others have already figured out to accomplish that, then it is a form of cheating because you didnt do it on your own.

Seems like this is triggering a lot of you that need others to tell you how to figure out a game, :laughing: :rofl: :joy:.

Jokes on you, I’m a legit trillionaire.

Dont play any FromSoft games.

1 Like

People who use maxroll guides are bad or lazy or lack problem solving skills.

Because they lack the creativity to come up with their own build, or figure out the BEST build on their own, they need to be spoon fed, like toddlers, and just like toddlers, when you call them out for it, they throw a tantrum.

1 Like

Here’s the beauty about this game, there are limitless combinations of possibilities of skills, stats, aspect, paragon interactions that will be discovered in the coming months / year EVEN IF blizz doesn’t change the balancing (which they will); as such, don’t worry about following the best build.

You can study maxroll to get an understanding of starting point and why they did certain things, but unless they update the builds daily for new meta found (which they are not) it will never be the “best” build.

Have fun, discover, theorize, and try things out. That’s the fun part of this game :slight_smile:

i didnt say theyre bad. i do not have any clue are they bad or not. i just quoted a topic with 160+ posts.

maxroll builds are fine and built for people like you who just want a build thats functional and smooth til the end of endgame.

Perfectly optimized builds are more niche and for specific activities, like bossing, or speed clearing, not just general content.

That and the games not completely figured out yet.

I’ve tried their builds, it was really bad, I’ve tried on my own, 100% work like a charm. And also blizzard said “Play your way” which means you can do anything in this game.

I’ll tell you what. You do you and I’ll do whatever I want. Hope this concept is understandable to you.

1 Like

Maxroll guides are a very good baseline. They have some mistakes here and there. Plus they are not getting updated. But if you are a complete newbie, it won’t hurt to just stick to them as they are.

You’ve offered no help to OP, just keep posting UNHELPFUL rants. OP had a question, answer it or don’t.

Nobody needs your extra crap input. Cheating?!? CLOWN

Why are you so upset? I did offer help, play the game and figure it out. You dont need to have others tell you what to do.

Using an insult makes you automatically lose any credibility and the argument, regardless if you might have been correct or not.

Might want to edit that.

No one cares about your weird judgemental take on entertainment.

‘YOU ARE PLAYING THE GAME WRONG. STOP HAVING FUN. FEEL GUILTY.’

You catholic by chance?

Yeah, agree.

The only issue is they are limited. There aren’t any bad builds there, they just don’t have all the builds that actually do work.

I tried one of the Druid leveling guide (Tornade storm druid) since my Druid was already fully Storm. Had some real problems surviving and killing stuff.

Went back to my own minimally coherent Lightning Storm build and it felt much more smooth.

On the other hand, my Barbarian’s incoherent build felt increasing ineffective as I entered WT-IV, and the Maxroll HotA build made things a lot easier.

I think during leveling, at least before entering WTIII, it’s probably best just to match your build to the gear pieces you pick up, since mobs keep growing stronger as you level up, and they probably aren’t tuned to require a full build anyways.

It probably does help to have some grasp of how to build for better damage/survival. So it does help to read and maybe try the various builds they have.

Ultimately, I think we should all aim to at least understand the build we are using, instead of just blindly following build guides.

Really weird. What does religion have to do with a video game, :laughing: :rofl: :joy:? I never said stop having fun. Do you always just make things up?

MaxRoll guides are great. If you don’t have the time to dive into the game systems I’d strongly suggest using one. It removes all the trial and error and gets straight to optimal slaughtering.

What’s odd is thinking that people seeking help is cheating.

Oh look, elitist goons who think if you don’t do everything your way they are toddlers.

Must be quite a life to base your entire ego on a video game.

Sad.