If Everything, including raids, can't be played solo then I will be skipping this expansion

If Everything, including raids, can’t be played solo then I will be skipping this expansion.

Diablo 4 already lost me and if it wants any chance of bring me back then the game will support solo game play 100% and not lock us out of some content or try, again…, to push and force us to group…

Love how the developer in Raxxanterax’s interview totally avoid saying if raids would be able to be soloed or not.

12 Likes

Yeah I agree you should skip this one out it would be better for everyone involved

13 Likes

I agree, I play solo 100% of the time and I like to take my time and not rush through it all. Party to complete certain things is required then Im out. I wont even run Ubers now as they are bricked behind mat collecting witch takes way too much time I just dont have and mostley just dont want to do for an item I dont even need to complete the game as is…

10 Likes

its important to announce that!
like… you know, blizzard doesnt have their own statistics

werent people crying a few months ago about: d4 being an mmo light?

:wink:

4 Likes

Yep, and in the interview the developer even said that MOST players in D4 play solo…

4 Likes

so wheres the need to worry? i mean honestly, the coop dungeon will off course require… coop. i personally doubt itll be a source for gear myself but we will see. im assumung itll be some spark farming on a low drop chance, or cosmetics.

They were crying the world feels empty with no community, too!

1 Like

Ok, see you in VoH regardless.

:100:

Cant have it both ways. If you dont want to play a game mode then dont. Diablo has always focused around online play unless you were playing offline. Since there is no offline mode and never will be an offline mode :person_shrugging:

1 Like

lol, yea “the world feels so empty~”

i mean, i personally also hope for more social functions, but if one honestly wants to play absolutely alone, in an online game without sff, or offline mode, it might not be the best choice. especially if it was advertised as an mmo lite.

1 Like

He said that they don’t want group content to be mandatory for soloers. If the coop dungeon is optional then I don’t care. It can sit there on the side along with the PVP zone of things I don’t bother with in this game.

7 Likes

i honestly assume its just some form of “super small spark reward” or cosmetics. so yea, i doubt itll be something to worry about.

like basically group endgame stuff, with a low chance to get gear, or sparks.

2 Likes

As of now only the co-op dungeon you will be unable to play solo. But in the Rhykker interview they said they will revisit it if neccessary.

as long as it doesn’t have better loots than anything else, i’ll play it. it might be nice to play co-op in D4 for once. just sayin.

Coop dungeon coming the same time mercenaries are being introduced. Feels pretty obvious from where I’m sitting that these dungeons can be done with a friend or a mercenary.

2 Likes

One of the devs said mercs may play a “party” role. To me this is either extra xp or an ability to use in co-op. We won’t know that until final campfire and release though. Maybe gamescon will give more insights.

This is a weird cry for attention because in all honesty unless the dungeon scales like the pit at some point you will always be able to outgear it.

Sure that might not be until most of your gear is deeply master worked and upgraded but so be it.

More than likely it will have instant matching group ques if people required and if so just think of the other players as random NPCs helping you out.

I can not see the need or reason to be upset or boycott fun over that.

The only one you’re hurting is your own enjoyment with a weird sense of entitlement.

i play solo 100% if i can keep playing this way fine i keep playing but once the game forces me to grouping up then its goodbye.

7 Likes

That’s the thing it’s not or won’t be forced.

It’s an option, take it or not.

I really don’t know why people don’t play like that.

It’s a choice not an enforceable job.

I dont get why D4 needs raids.
If I want raiding, I can play WoW.
Raids dont belong into ARPG

10 Likes

Optional is a dangerous word…
When you can get a spark from the raid, it’s - in my opinion - not optional at all.

3 Likes