If Blizzard does this to Diablo 4, I'm done

So apparently there was a MTX survey Blizzard was passing around to certain players and was giving examples of certain MTX that they could potentially sell in the future and wanted players feedback.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tWijMMROwY

The examples given in the survey were stash space and unique gear. I would like to state that I am fine with cosmetics as MTX, but adding stash space and uniques would kill this game for me. As soon as Blizzard makes this game pay to win, I am done. They won’t get another penny from me. Blizzard already killed WoW for me and having 10 Metzen’s at Blizzcon won’t change my mind. The Diablo franchise is the last thread. The last hope I have for Blizzard. Make D4 pay to win and I’m just done.

For as much as I have tried to give feedback on the forums and purchased MTX cosmetics, I won’t be swayed in leaving if it becomes pay to win. Sure no one will care, but Blizzard needs to know this as they say that some players just quit playing their games and give no feedback. This is my feedback: If D4 becomes pay to win, I am done. Not going to play your games anymore.

I only hope this is just an out of season “April Fool’s” joke and Blizzard is not seriously going to monetize gear and stash space.

23 Likes

They will, they have already made the game easier for people who don’t have time for video games…they just want money. Just prepare yourself there is no need to get emotional.

3 Likes

If a developer offers a free to play version of a game, but then also has a paid version with access to more areas, newer gear and classes, etc, is that pay 2 win? Just trying to figure out where people draw the line on this issue. Lots of games have done the F2P model over the years, Destiny 2, GW2, practically every MMO really.

So does a game that isn’t P2W when it has a subscription only model, automatically become P2W when it goes F2P, provided the F2P experience is restricted in any way?

1 Like

You know what I’d pay for- Carbot animation style OG Diablo (just like how they did StarCraft) THAT would be worth while.
I’m still sitting on the “not buying expac” side of the fence though, not even for all the cookies will I go over to the “take my money” side of the fence until they’ve shown something worth $$. By something worth $$, I mean crunch, content, story, and other interesting activities.
I’ve already gone back to raiding in EsO, with D4 being my murderise demons fix.

2 Likes

the unique example is just early access. so you would get like 3 day early access to a unique or legendary aspect. that isnt a big deal. also it doesnt state you get a free unique, just early access. also stash space is kind of a no brainer to sell. i would purchase some as i think most people would. but they are not monetizing gear. i would recommend watching your own video before making such claims.

4 Likes

This is my line:

You pay for the game and its expansions, player power and convenience items/systems should not be monetized. That is pay to win.

If the game is free to play and you don’t need to purchase the game or the expansions, player power and gameplay acceleration (part of the convenience catagory) should not be monotized or it is pay to win.

Gear is obviously player power in Diablo 4 and stash space is a convenience system.

Early Access is one of those borderline monetizations. It is sort of pay to win as you get to play earlier than others, but you are also playing beta testing during that time period where everything is buggy until it releases officially for everyone.

As far as I am concerned, Early Access is tolerable but just barely.

Yeah I will not buy an expansion until I hear from others there is a reason to get it.

This game is a chore, that is the best way to put it. You hope there is going to be more as you level…but there isn’t. The activities they have added are directed activities where requirement A for activity B only drops where they say, means you have to play their way on their schedule.

This game had a lot of potential to be really good…but with every move they make it gets further from it. I also just picked up SF6 and MK1 so I will not really be too involved till s4 if then. I am fine just waiting for POE2 over sinking more money into this, playing other games in the meantime.

2 Likes

When exactly was Diablo difficult from D2 to now?

And when was the golden era of when Blizzard (or any game company) didn’t want money? Whenever that happened, I’m sure that company went out of business lol

If the subscription model offers power for players- that’s pay to win.
If the subscription offers extra stash spaces/ craft materials bag (eso), access to all older content bar the newest, then that’s convenience.
If a game is free but the expansions cost $$, that’s not pay to win either- all content still must be done to obtain the items you desire for a more powerful build.

If they’re doing loot boxes that have powerful items- (looking at you Neverwinter)… that is gambling for PTW.

3 Likes

So you didn’t play this game at launch? It was much better than it is today in terms of difficulty and the game world level.

2 Likes

Been playing it since the Server Slam and launch. Now answer the question.

How was D4 difficult at launch? Because it took longer to get to 100?

If you can’t tell the game is a joke now compared to what was launched, nothing I say will change your mind.

3 Likes

It still has potential if they can stop derailing themselves….
I’m miffed that item caps are 40-60-80……. That shouldn’t be implemented :expressionless:
There’s no fluid upgrades, a 925 piece of “FoMo” gear still has the same max cap on affixes as a 890 piece of gear, just higher weapon damage/ armour…… fully upgraded max resist is still going to be 60%….
There is no “chase”, only the illusion of one.
All items get a one way ticket to bin town these days.

2 Likes

The success of Season 2 is nullifying your day dream that Diablo 4 launch is better than it is now.

3 Likes

I’d say beta. I played beta (before server slam) and that was fun. There were complaints about the 1st act story boss being “too hard” (the one where you get that guy inside the walking torture device giving you bubbles).
They nerfed that boss.
They nerfed a lot of things….

I played story mode chapter 1 in tier 2 during that beta and it was much more exciting than chapter 1 tier 2 on release :disappointed:

They dumbed it down.

1 Like

Yes because more people playing somehow equates to game difficulty.

3 Likes

my definition of p2w would be
anything that gives u an advantage over player that dont buy it no matter how small AND every purchasable timesafe which is no longer reasonable
also i dont consider content dlcs (like new zone + new class + new weapons) p2w if they are reasonable priced and not spammed (like at most once every 3 months)

what this means
1hp buff would be p2w to me
i wouldnt mind e.g. 5% purchasable xp buff
but ~50+% i d consider p2w

so if u have a f2p version of a game and a normal one and the servers arnt shared than i d consider neither version p2w the f2p version just has less content

Thanks for that amazing list of zero. Now go fetch us a video of you running past monsters in a NMD you severely outgear in Esu boots with an OP build as proof the game is too easy instead of doing anything challenging.

Trying to sound smart again. Link to my build was posted, as was another video of me playing higher level dungeons. I think it was in response to your ignorance then too.
Enjoy your walk dad.

2 Likes

If this were a free to play game, purchase of things like additional stash space wouldn’t concern me.

But this is a full price game.

1 Like