Ice blades not reducing inferno's cooldown?

I’m working on a meteor build, and as part of it I thought I’d spam Inferno to help keep things grouped for meteor. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear that ice blades reduce the cooldown of inferno like they do for my other skills. Is this a bug I should report, or did I miss something in the description? I don’t see any restrictions on the cooldowns that ice blades should be reducing.

1 Like

Yep you are correct, just tested it, the only things that gets reduced cds is IBs itself. Other spells did not receive any cdr. Either this is a bug or they stealth nerfed yet another sorc mechanic.

It stopped working with all spells xcept itself. you should edit that into ur post, if blizzard reads it.

1 Like

It works for all non-ultimates for me. Only inferno/unstable currents were failing (I never tested deep freeze)

Did you remember to purchase the skill enhancement to make its cooldown reduction affect other skills?

yes i did, and no it does not work for other spells. There is one exception tho, Meteor with starfall did work. So u could actually see the difference when it actually worked.
Maybe you equipped some other things that can reduce cdr.
My testing was conclusive on this part. If u dont believe me test it with Starfall and u notice the difference to other Spell cds.

It seems to work for non-ultimate spells, it does work for Defensive and Conjurations. I’m currently running permashield primarily with the help of IBs.

Did it use to work for Ultimates too?

well on the dummy it cleary isnt working. my shields didnt go down in cd with IBs.
You need to remove all aspects that can reduce cdr also the passive with a chance to reduce def cds. Remove hectic/orange herald dont use arc lash and test again, if IBs do anything

Here’s a video:

1. Not running IB enchant nor Elemental Attunement
  2. Until 00:30, spamming Frozen Orb. Notice how until then, there’s normally about 4s left on Flame Shield
  3. Around 00:30, I start spamming IB. Notice how quickly Flame Shield gets its cooldown reduced. It’s also reducing Unstable Currents.

h ttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1KXJL6nI9ccWpzKlwpT5SVxMf-4EMpjsx/view

Maybe they changed IB Attack Speed? Or the IB Enchant? Because casting IB sure seems to work.

1 Like

true looks like it works, but why is it reducing my starfall cd like crazy and everything else just barely, if at all.

EDIT: checked again, it does work, its just barely noticeable w/o some AS investment. But it was an interesting experiment, meaning running IBs w/o AS is not doing much on cdr. For example on an incinerate build its almost worthless, since ur not stacking AS.

but there is definately something weird going on with starfall, its like it gets the full benefit of the IBs 0.5 and not the 0.1 cdr per strike

I tried a Starfall with 6.5s cooldown, which turns out as 3.7s given my current CDR, and with IB it feels pretty fast - almost instant if I’ve spawned the IBs properly - which I wager is because the cooldown is so short to begin with.

Maybe you’re experiencing that too, fruit of having good global CDR to begin with?

seems starfall cd is double dipping, is my guess, instead of both charges gain normal values, both charges get double value.

i don’t know if it works on ultimate skills. I don’t use any in sorcerer class.
for all other non ultimate the ice blades works fine.