I like the game, and nerfs

Edit: man i was hoping i would get people talking about things they like in this game yet somehow people keep complaining lol… leave that for the other threads :slight_smile:

Hey i see so many people posting whiny stuff, some is legit but man is there a lot of crap. So i was trying to make a good post so the people that worked so hard on the game don’t get discouraged.

I personally like how the progression is slow. For example i got close to 40 hours so far and i am just wrapping up the first area (the snowy one, can’t remember name now, starts with a K).

I have been doing every dungeon and event i come across, do all the side quests, and fight everything that makes eye contact with me and i am level 48 with still no horse and like i said just wrapping up the first area lol.

This one many might disagree with, but i like rolling a new character to try a different build for longjevity of the game, but that’s me. You can fine tune with point relocation, but it’s super costly to respect completely to my understanding, but that is the best of both worlds i think. So if you make let’s say a whirl barb, you can mess up and fix the build but you stick to it being a whirl barb

I also like to see nerfs so one build is not way over another

having to tweak your build for a while till you get what you are looking for

That sometimes you don’t want to give up a yellow for a legendary because of the stats

IDK about you all but i don’t like sets, they force your hand on build rather than creativity, so i like how every item can be important, especially that you can imprint aspects, that’s was really good idea.

There is more but the post is already too long lol, if you ask wanna chime in with stuff you like feel free

You are going to Hate endgame. There are only 58 skill points and the further you get into Paragon and items the more you are forced to focus on specific builds.

Oh, and to add what makes that worse with the slow progression you can spend days and days getting the items you need to make your paragon and skills work, just to have all that progress nerfed into uselessness and have to start over. Add the cost of respect and well you get the idea.

1 Like

I feel like most people making these comments are below level 50. My druid (and the other players I see) wipe maps in Nightmare during Hellrifts just like in D3. There are monsters exploding everywhere.

Not sure what you mean with specific builds but if you mean like you have to choose one to stick with that’s OK, i kinda like that idea to have a barb that’s hammer of ancients, and another barb that’s whirl, and so on. One character that can do all builds on command line D3 got a little boring, this way it adds longevity.

And i see what you saying but a nerf doesn’t mean it’s ruined… in my opinion… just leveled with other builds so one is not better than the other

In theory I agree but in practice this has never been true for Bliz’s track record since D2. There is always a superior class and build.

I respect your opinion but many people like the idea on nearly limitless potential of each character they make. In my option why make several of the same class (Especially when you have several classes to chose from and most likely more on the way) when you can keep building up and/or changing each of the classes. Get board of playing one class move to another this to me is more fun than making several of the same class.

But all in all my true hope is that ALL builds are viable in the end here not just “Meta”. I never follow “Meta” I play the way that is fun for me but if I finally get a build I like after a lot of grind and then it is nerfed into not working that hurts way more than if it is nerfed in a game that I can re-build quickly.

1 Like

hahaha, no man, he means like straight up, the end game is boring in a sense that if you made a mistake on your build you will need hundreds of thousands of gold to correct it. They even said they want it to be that instead of rerolling skills, you just make a new character…

I don’t know what level you are but I’m 63 and play a lot since early release. It may sound good now, but no way after getting to 100 which is dozens upon dozens of hours do I want to make the exact same character and spend that time again to see some new build. Diablo 3 was essentially all about having that 1 guy you could try multiple builds with. This game is trying some old school mmo grind mixed with some path of exile garbage. I mean PoE isnt a terrible game but by far would have thousands more if it was more casual.

3 Likes

LOL I think you meant to reply to the OP

but yes this.

1 Like

Each character has had a powerful build. thats already been nerfed.
Tweak your build one week, have it nerfed the next.

As another said. you’re really going to hate endgame.
say what ya want about d3… but Atleast with sets. we had a huge build variety, And pretty much all of them worked well.

Yeah so far, its not too costly at level 63, but it’s continuing to creep up there. im sitting on 2 mil gold atm. Items to be sold are like 20k per. or more. But… i’m really hoping they fix and change some things… keep the cost. change it a bit to lower at max level. or give farming spots for items of respec. so we can have free ones…

I’ve changed up my build three times already. including 2 paragon boards. Because my theory crafting was executed poorly. And once… was a full skill tree reset on accident lol.

I’m sure there are other ways other than the S tier one shot everything builds that can clear the endgame. The issue is in the players eyes everything that takes longer than those specific builds is considered “trash” by community standards.

Many players got accustomed to D3 where nearly every kind of build could insta delete 98% of the content and it seems they expect D4 to be more of the same.

On the other hand you have people who want the game to be harder because they feel it is too easy. Those people also have a point as this game can be rushed and completed in 3-5 days if you dedicate yourself to the grind. Once you got all the best loot and passed your lv100 capstone dungeon what else is there to do?

All you can do is go back and faceroll all the content you skipped to push endgame as fast as possible and compared to the NM dungeons you will easily smash that regular content even on the highest world tier.

If they continue making the game easier then we will end up with ridiculous multipliers, 200 quadrillion damage, and 20 world tiers again that will still end up getting smashed by the top tier builds.

Maybe the devs need to implement custom difficulty with rewards to match those that rise to the challenge whether that’s gear, mounts, leaderboards, etc.

It’s weird right, a game that is both simultaneously too easy and too hard at the same time. Spoiler alert: The game isn’t actually hard at all, it’s just unbalanced.

What’s wrong with that? I never got to the top tier in D3 because I did not follow “Meta” even though I made it to well over700 paragon. But other people doing so in no way ruined my experience.

I agree there are more ways to clear endgame but they are becoming more and more tedious with every nerf. Nerfing one build dose not just hurt that build but any build that uses any skill that was nerfed.

I don’t think the game is too hard or too easy and agree it is very unbalanced. I think it is too tedious for SOLO play as is and getting worse (Unless you Meta). Dozens or hundreds of hours to build one character just to get it nerfed into being useless and by design they want you to start completely over from scratch rather than reroll your character. Either way you are looking at dozens or hundreds of more hours trying to find another build you like just to probably get that one nerfed into uselessness also. This is going to cause more people to quit playing rather than make people play more.

When the majority of SOLO/Mostly SOLO players get fed up with being forced to start over how many do you think are going to buy silver or pay for battle passes? When sales tank how long do you think it will take before Bliz once again starts listening to the majority?

Everything in theory and on paper always seems great but the truth is Diablo just does not work as an MMO. Just like Elder Scrolls had to change the vast majority of the gameplay mechanics to make the game work as an MMO this too will have to change pretty much everything to work as an MMO or it will never be balanced. Or add/fix the features that Diablo fans have enjoyed for years to keep those fans engaged.

Well if you have to put all those dozens and hundreds of hours as you say into the game then at least you get your money’s worth lol. And if you say what’s the point… well what’s the point of any game other than entertainment? It doesn’t contribute to things in real life, it’s just for fun, and if you say it’s not fun to do that, that’s OK, but that’s you, obviously we disagree but that’s OK we are allowed to disagree lol. I like the main idea they going with, can it use improvement? Yup but i like the core ideas.

I was kinda hoping you all would talk about what you like though rather what you don’t… there is tons of threads for complaints

This is my exact point of

The point here is that once people realize that this is what it is going to take how many are going to actually stick around for that long. I already do not see myself committing that much time to any one character. Infact I have already start making ALTs because re-rolling a character to try something else with them is too costly and sticking to one build gets boring.

If everyone sees it as “Well I got my money’s worth” and stops playing, then how is the game going to keep going for the people that “Like it as it is”. because the point is not supposed to be getting your money’s worth, it is supposed to be you enjoy the game so much that you keep paying more money so it keeps getting updated. That is the point of every MMO, which this wants to be.

You are correct on your point but i think you misunderstood me, i meant if you play a game for a long time you getting your money’s worth, even if you keep putting money into it, if you buy a game and hardly play it you bought something you didn’t get to use to its fullest.

Hey and it’s good that you making ALTs, that’s part of the fun too:) and maybe eventually you gonna roll another char you started with to try something else.

Anyways is there anything you like though?

Absolutely (Also goes back to everything on paper yadda yadda).

1. I like the “Open” (More Semi Open) World.

2. I like the amount of customization (Cosmetics) for your character and mounts

3. I Like semi-random/Timed events

4. I like that there are still multiple classes (And hopefully more on the way)

5. I like the idea of “Clans” since for some reason I can never see my wife on either friends list (PS or Bnet)

6. Believe it or not I actually like the idea of Battle passes to unlock unique cosmetics and/or items (But only if they are actually fun to complete)

To sum it up I want to love the game and want to love to play it the way I want to play it. I Also want others to be able to enjoy it their way and no one to be forced into Bliz’s “Vision” of only one way of playing that the game feels like it is already headed toward.

This I have to disagree with since in every previous Diablo game I always got my first character to a place where I felt like they were fun before moving on to another. Here I am moving on because it is not fun to experiment after a certain point.

I am having a ton of fun with this game. So great having a new Diablo to play again after all this time. Some of the complaints from people are truly comical.

When you look at where Diablo 3 started and where it ended up, people giving up on the game after 2 days makes me wonder what reality they’re living in.

1 Like

Oh you don’t like making ALTs? I love trying out all the characters lol. I am actually trying really hard to finish the game with my first char before i make another, it’s so tempting though lol.

Maybe you’ll find a character you like or hopefully they tweak something so you can like your first one again.

But ya i like the open world too, it’s huge, and the top world events are lots of fun, i haven’t skipped one yet lol.

Not what I said. I like to have each character at a place where I enjoy playing that character before I move on to the next. But here as is once you get to a certain point it takes way too much time and effort to experiment with new things on a character.

Ex. If I get bord of Blizzards, Hydras or Chain lighting and want to change not only does it cost hundreds of thousands of gold just for the respec, but if I also invested in one damage type on the paragon board I also have to re-plan and hope I have glyphs to match what I switched to. On top of that the game seems to prioritize Affix’s that go with your current build meaning you most likely do not have any items that help out with the change and are stuck with items that help skills you are not using anymore so now you also have to farm new items to see if the changes you made are going to have any lasting fun all while being weaker since you do not have the skill buffs and if those changes are not fun well you now have to pay the cost again to either try something new or go back to what you were not having fun to begin with.

The problem is exactly this. After years and years of feedback they just dumped most of the things that made D3 fun and are trying to make D2r+ but without the solo experience. It should not take years for a game to become good. The reason D2 is still going strong over 20 years later is because it was not just groundbreaking and new but also extremely fun for everyone right from the start (Nostalgia glasses are no joke). It fell off for me when it ended up being nerfed into only one build per class being viable (And at one point only 2 classes that were any good at all) since in that game you have no choice but to make a build that can kill a boss 6 times per minute if you ever want to have a chance at finding some of the rarer items and/or kill entire areas in seconds if you want the good runes.

Again, it is great if you are having fun and enjoy the game as is but not everyone is and if the only people that speak up are the ones that like it as is… Well that’s how you get D2’s only one or two classes work era. To this day a lot of the D2 streamers complain about the “Meta” being changed and are completely against the idea of being able to change up your characters skill set and still be able to have fun outside their “Meta”.

You are totally right, gotta speak up… but there are tons of threads for that, and you can even make your own, but this one i just wanted to keep it on the what’s fun side lol, you are ruining my goal here :frowning: lol

Personally while being able to nuke everything is seconds can be fun eventually it gets a bit boring. I was literally walking through greater rifts at endgame taking zero damage and killing a significant portion of enemies off screen with some classes. Basic skills were sometimes enough to kill trash enemies. That was my D3 endgame experience.

I had a little challenge in the last 10-20 levels of greater rifts but eventually it all felt like a waste of time. Zero effort for next to zero gain. I was already over killing things, all the extra power enabled me to do was overkill it even more. Not exactly riveting gameplay. I don’t want to see that happen here, at least not in the first week of release.

1 Like

This right here is why no one will listen to you.

1 Like