I don't mean to tempt Fate but

Am I the only one who thinks they might have gone overboard with the minion buffs lol?

Full Disclaimer - Summoner is my absolute favorite archetype since D2 for Necro and I have hated how awful it’s been since the initial nerfs after beta.

But after reading the full class changes I can’t help thinking some of that is likely getting dialed back a smidge once the PTR concludes.

Overall though very happy to see love being thrown out way at long last, especially the Needflare and Ring of Mendeln Buffs (and no more having to not get hit !!!)

Still wrapping my head around the Defender Skelly buffs - did I read that correctly? They can either continually taunt (kinda busted but awesome) or just permanently only ever take 1% damage ?! What ?!

The Blood Golem absorbing 30% is also just silly.

Yeah numbers will probably change a bit.

Yupp seems like it.

1 Like

I imagine they will still be on the weaker side for monster level 200. Have to wait for the PTR to see what needs adjusted.

1 Like

CC already has steep diminishing returns so it might be less powerful than you’d imagine. The 99% damage reduction is kind of weird though, is the goal here to make defenders unkillable?

1 Like

It will be a massive boss stagger effect.

1 Like

This. Not to mention the shadow and ice mages stun & freeze much more reliably as well, and even the Bone & Iron golems have more CC now.

Necro is going to be like Rogue almost when it comes to filling the stagger bar.

2 Likes

Very exciting changes but we have very little idea of how itemization changes will effect things and no idea how seasonal mechanics will.

I’m pretty sure they changed it from:

“Once every 6 seconds, the minion ignores the next damage instance”

To:

“Once every 6 seconds, the minions taunt surrounding enemies.”

So I don’t read it ad a permanent taunt. It’ll be a taunt every 6 seconds that probably lasts for 3 seconds or something. Don’t know yet

Yes, now go play barb or something so we can enjoy having fun with minions for once.

1 Like

I don’t think they will be overpowered on the same level as barbs. Albeit, minions absolutely deserved it.

People stop hurting the Minions.

I’ve been waiting since launch for good minion necro.

Don’t mess this up like how you did on the first PTR

It remains to be seen, the PTR hasn’t even begun and even after it finishes S4 isn’t for almost 2 more months.

I’m just bracing myself in advance because so much of this just looks insane on paper, especially now that minions inherit all our stats.

Worst case scenario everything goes through and they dial it back in S5 I guess, lol. But again who knows, enemies in The Pit can go over level 200 right? They might actually need the crazy buffs to handle that.

I am super curious to see what new affixes are being added, and what kind of shenanigans will be possible. For example, will the Bone Spear helmet work for Bone Mages too?

I’m personally going to slap on a Razorplate and put Needleflare on either an Amulet or 2H Sword and just watch everything melt themselves trying to get through my unholy army of the night XD (though ngl, AotD is looking nutty with the changes)

You mean like BL… or HotA? Oh wait… HotA is still OP, and BL is working as intended now.
No one cried when they buffed HotA, No one cried when the BL bug was discovered. It was only after people saw just how broken they were everyone complained (the devs themselves paraded around the BL bug like it was normal). Necro’s can’t even get that moment because everyone screams “OP AFK BUILD” before we even get to play for ourselves.

To be fair, they should have reigned HotA in way, way sooner. I’m not a fan of letting things go ludicrously out of hand like that, especially for that long.

I think some people are forgetting mind you, that Barb got repeatedly nerfed right after launch because so many things were just nuts.

When I think back on it, still laughing at all the people who cried (from playing beta) that Barb was weak/underpowered…

Necro is definitely shaping up to be the big winner for S4.

And it’ll be the big winner because we finally get to play alongside other classes in terms of power/speed, rather than get left in the dust for once.
I couldn’t tell you if those barb nerfs were justified, but what they did to minions pre release was a completely unjustified kneejerk reaction to screaming karens, which I want to avoid at all costs this time around.