I don't know....items are boring without an economy

I’m on multiple trading discord channels active…it’s not the same sadly and theres everything but no economy in D4 atm.

The problem with rares is that they have a LVL requirement of the char who has found the rare…so if a LVL 100 char has found a rare it has LVL 100 requirements.

Trading in D4 is prety much non existent, compared to other games with a good trading system. :wink:

8 Likes

Eh I find economy just neuters the itemization. Rather than hunting for an item, I’m just searching for gold so I can buy the item. Less fun than actually looking for items to me.

That’s a legendary. Uniques don’t drop until World tier 3 around level 50. They’re much rarer… but once you get closer to level 50 you’ll find legendaries drop pretty frequently.

1 Like

But there’s a big difference between “the trading economy isn’t booming” and “there is no economy at all” - and most people ITT are claiming there’s none at all, and also stating that the reasoning is because you can’t trade uniques or legendaries, when in reality rares are what would be most commonly traded and sought after even if legendaries/uniques were tradeable

1 Like

Should be able to trade aspects and uniques, but not legendary items.

Would give people a reason to chase decent rares still, without the frustration of not having an affix to make that rare work with their build.

I’d really like to see some kind of trading post/auction house that is based purely around trading items obtainable in game; not gold.

1 Like

At this point if shako dropped for me I would record a video where I salvage it at the blacksmith just to piss people off, rotfl.

5 Likes

This is why the RMAH was such an epic time in Diablo history.

3 Likes

The only end game Diablo 4 has going for itself is finding your next item upgrade, take that away by removing trade restrictions and Diablo 4 has nothing left.

2 Likes

Where were all you guys when the filthy casuals were mobbing the forums before the open beta? Too little too late guys. That train has left the station. And it was full to the brim of casuals the likes of which you have never seen before. If you said anything about open trading or haven forbid an auction house, you were teamed up on by a hoard of aggressive betas that were chanting “we want immersion” and “No trade, not even one”. It was horrifying, you all should have been there. We could have made a difference

6 Likes

That’s why they’ve added “smart loot” aka you only get things that are useful for you. Basically a mechanic for solo players but in a multiplayer game :thinking:

2 Likes

See where tf were you guys. YES THE RMAH WAS THE BEST PART OF DIABLO EVER. The game died when they took it down. There is no arguing this, it is simply a fact. Blizz won’t do another RMAH because company is neudered. No balls

2 Likes

Game needs an economy for sure. And ways of trafing, maybe like just a market place now that we are going doen this mmo route

1 Like

Trading introduces RMT which ruins the economy so no trading. Thank God

2 Likes

A testament of d2 is I can remember the names of a bunch of uniques. Can’t say the same for d3/4 (aside from the ones that share the names, but are just more boring).

3 Likes

I love this thread you guys. But where were all of you pre launch. It was all causals for so long. They kept bringing up the RMAH like it was a bad thing. When that was by far the most fun I have had in any diablo ever. Just judging based on the amount of listing back then, it was the single most popular diablo version ever.

2 Likes

I don’t know about rmha, but I miss doing a bunch of runs in d2 and stocking up my stash with goodies for my friends builds when they got on. Was so much fun handing over a second shako or windforce or something to a buddy. At the very least, let us trade with people on our friends list or something.

1 Like

It’s Blizzard laxism that introduces RMT.
I truly don’t understand how people are okay with features being removed because Blizzard doesn’t want to moderate their games…
It’s like back in school when someone made some stupid stuff and the whole class got punished…

3 Likes

This is the enemy. This is who we all need to silence, and oust. This is the type of person who would watch diablo burn. Laughing the whole time about immersion and trading being required. They use the RMT as a guise. Has the restrictions accomplished anything? Absolutely not. This is the type of casual beta mindset that got us here in the first place.

3 Likes

Don’t let these people continue to ruin games for everyone. Rise up people. We deserve better. This is the real pandemic. Silence is acceptance. They have ruined too many games already by being the loudest ones on the forums/social media.

3 Likes

But this happens in every game. Meaning, either every company is lax, or it’s an issue that just isn’t controllable. My guess is the latter - though that isn’t to say some companies aren’t lax or outright lazy, because they definitely are

Just go look at any popular online game with a trading system. I can almost guarantee you I could RWT within that game within an hour of installing it, if I really wanted to. Not that I’m going to, but my point is that you can’t stop it. The only way to stop it, is to hard remove the possibility, and even then some stuff generally still gets through (such as account selling, boosting services, etc)

I play this really small MMORPG, the highest concurrent players was like… 400, maybe even closer to 350, and that was after a large youtuber made a video about it. Yet even in that game I had someone DM me and ask me to RWT because I had this hard to acquire cape that he wanted

Omg the RMAH was amazing I know lots of people hated it but it was so cool. The sad part was at that time during the RMAH there was not seasons so after like a month lots of stuff was worthless. Even if you never sold anything you could match your items agents other peoples and be like omg people are pay lots for this item I just found woot

3 Likes