I can't find any good builds

I have lots of legendaries, but they usually have the abilities I don’t use, lol. I usually do everything as I pass by though. So, I’ve gotten about half from drops and the other half from the vendor who has a chance of giving one. I usually find I get a legendary about every fourth purchase with the orbs or whatever they are called. I get lots of veiled crystals from doing lots of quests. I haven’t even put any aspects onto my gear, but I probably could with all those crystals. I just haven’t felt the need to do that yet.

My Rogue had no issues leveling from 1-51 and completing the campaign all on WT2.

I played necro on the server slam, started in WT2, and it was easier/quicker than WT1 is on live, can anyone explain that? Did they just replace beta WT2 with WT1 on live? I did everything no problem on WT2 with necro in beta except for ashava, I had to lower it to WT1 to get the kill, because no teams could beat WT2 ashava. Necro in the server slam was pretty well trash too, and I’m playing better classes in live and running into issues. I’m a bit confused here. I was expecting packs to get melted on WT1, and they’re not, they’re hanging around in many cases, and I gotta scramble to stay alive.

It’s because on beta, legendary drop rates were tuned to be VERY common because Blizz wanted us geared out quickly to test builds.

You’re going to gear a lot slower on the live game. But don’t worry legendaries do start dropping as you level up and they become common place once you get to around level 40.

I never got a legendary drop in the server slam outside of ashava. People said the leg drop in server slam was too high, but I still never found one in 20 levels outside of the world boss.

I didn’t play during server slam, I played during the open beta weekends in April both of them. Maybe they didn’t have the drop rates tuned as high then.

Tbh you just don’t sound like a good player.

Both of those classes do pretty good damage… barbs just have an issue with survivability

1 Like

I’m finding treasure goblins like crazy while I pick up the Altars of Lillith. In 2 full zones I’ve found like 15+ treasure gobs and 80% of them have dropped legendaries. I think they have a higher drop rate honestly. Just counted I got 6 lengendaries from goblins just getting the altars in Scosglen.

I got maybe ONE legendary from the Treasure goblins until I got to Nightmare mode where I’ve gotten a legendary from every single one.

Not only are Treasure goblins more common in nightmare, but their loot is a LOT better.

Barb’s survivability issue is noted. Rogue play seems to be centered around a melee build I admittedly cannot pilot, so it is what it is. I simply wasted my time leveling 2 classes up that aren’t my style. I did alright with necro in the server slam, so maybe I’ll try that one. If I can’t absolutely annihilate stuff with WT1 necro, then I’m probably just gonna move on and play something else.

There’s more than one good rogue build though.

Gambling Obols. I do most of the side events get capped frequenly and gamble on the slot that I want. Most of my early Leggos were from gambling.

After 30-40 level they start to rain. Then you also get some from campaign.

The loot scaling is weird. I was lvl 38, and the boss I killed dropped a lvl 23 legendary…

i’m a rend/rupture barb and i’ve had zero problems from lvl 1-42 on WT2. you need to spread your skills across offense and defense. you can get two healing skills via iron skin and rupture.

my barb has zero survivabiliy issues. i wonder if people are just not using defensive skills… i can get through a lot of fights without even having to use my potions on WT2 because of the healing of improved iron skin and rupture.

My barb got hit for the same damage as my rogue, basically. Barb is about as tanky as a rogue, that’s the problem. I think Barb needs a flat 35% damage reduction in melee.

I was also using ironskin and rend/rupture.

Barb - less damage and less survivability than rogue. Not even using twisting blades, just penetrating shot with shadow or poison imbuement is better than anything barb has at the moment.

Its very important to update your gear, and find your weakest item, and gear yourself as you go

As monster scaling applies, if u dont update your gear in 2-3 levels, you’ll feel much weaker, all the time

Look for very specific affixes… If u play Barb, You’ll want a lot of Physical-Close damage, as it works all the time

Make sure you stack a lot of strenght, and even some all stats as well

meanwhile i’m level 42 using level 10 yellow legs and I’m doing just fine.

they’re good legs, though.

I’m done with barb, I actually deleted the character. I will never touch barb again unless it gets some serious buffs to survivability.

This is a problem in several ARPG games, there’s no point in playing melee unless you want to take more and deal less for some bizarre reason.

Barb is fine , but like most things, you have to gear and skill yourself toward improving your weaknesses

Iron skin is a great absorb mechanic, and Barb have so many Excellent defensive sub-skills

There is a Sub-skills that gives you Fortify for every hit you take ( which is kind of a must )