I can't find any good builds

I got barb and rogue to level 25, and both of these characters are having difficulties clearing even on WT1. I’ve got full rares with a few legs on both, and to be honest WT1 on live feels harder than WT2 on beta did, and I wasn’t expecting this at all.

Another problem I’ve noticed, was that enemies seem to scale up quicker than the loot drops do. I’ve been using a level 16 crossbow on my rogue for 9 levels, and my damage hasn’t gone up any in 9 levels, so I’m doing basically the same dps at level 25 that I did at level 16, and that’s not hacking it. I’ve been scouring the shops for any rare crossbows that are higher item level, and I can’t seem to find one. I can’t even find a blue one that’s better, and this is pretty much the same problem with the barb as well.

Also, I haven’t found one single legendary drop, all my legs are crafted from dungeon essences, and not one was found by getting to level 25 on 2 characters.

Rogue seems to boss better than it clears packs, on rogue it’s drop the ult or go home on a large pack, basically. Rogue is good against 1-4 or 5 targets, more than that and the class doesn’t really seem to be properly suited for it. Barb is too squishy to really fight in melee range, and it’s one of the reasons I’ve rolled rogue, but I’m not happy with the performance of either class, even on WT1. So I need strong builds for both characters. I’ve already done plenty of experimenting on my own and if what I came up with is the best I can do with what I have then I’m probably going to just wait on them to balance this game a bit.

That’s the punishment you get for picking classes that will be good 40+.

Their early game is bad

With the Rogue, it seems like rapid shot is pretty obviously the best damage skill, the problem is the lack of AOEs, rapid shot does OK against a few mobs, but the only other notable skill for AOE damage is maybe poison trap, but it’s too slow, and caltrops is a CC that doesn’t do much damage, just slows them down. The ults like rain of arrows or death trap work, but the CD is too long (I prefer death trap for shorter CD). No real large pack clearing options for rogue outside of the ult.

I don’t see how barb magically changes and becomes good at 40+, you got mostly the same toolkit available to you at 25 that you would at 40, so maybe you can explain to me what changes?

I leveled to 50 with Rapid Fire. At some point I used Poison Trap for AOE, but I didn’t like the feel of it because it required me to sit in melee with the mobs to get them to stay in it long enough to die. I ended up using Caltrops to help keep the mobs at range, or lured them into a funnel (like a doorway) and unloaded on them.

Post-50, Rapid Fire and Penetrating Shot, both with supporting legendaries, just weren’t cutting it in solo play, so I ended up changing to the Twisting Blades build.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/tierlists/leveling-tier-list

There are lots of decent builds for Barb and Rogue. Seems its a “you” situation.

I’m leveling a Tornado Druid and while I am lvl 23, I have no problem clearing content.

…and yes, Druid is slower than Barb and Rogue…

sigh It looks I just wasted a bunch of time investing in the wrong classes, the ones that better suit me would be the necro or sorcerer, but I couldn’t have possibly known that without referring to a build guide.

The only good rogue build is precisely the type of rogue build I don’t want to play.

1 Like

Im playing rogue at 30. I seem to be the only one in my clan playing T2.

I made a melee build with twisting blade, dash, poison trap, shadow imbue, death trap. Im fleshing it out and adjusting but getting the rotation and movement right is key. If I do stuff correctly, I delete screens of enemies. If I do stuff out of order, I do subpar one on one damage.

I highly recommend this build for leveling. I shadow imbue, twist blade twice, dash into and past a crowd, drop a poison trap, and watch the whole screen disappear. Spec into vulnurable and some resource regen, and attack cooldown reduction. It’s nice.

I tried the melee rogue, and I simply can’t play it. I ended up doing better with rapid shot and shadow imbue than with the melee rogue, even though everyone tells me melee rogue is the best build. It’s not if you can’t play it. I know git gud and all, but I prefer simple and comfy to play while leveling, not playing something where I gotta be on my A game 24/7/365 or it’s trash.

1 Like

I found a legendary crossbow with an aspect that makes Rapid shot richochet with almost 50% chance. Its a life saver and Im holding on to it for 20 Levels already. Level 40+ now and still going strong with that aspect. I really hope I cam find a replacement for it. Otherwise extract and print it on a sword or something and get an upgrade for crossbow.

What are people doing to farm legs, because I leveled 2 characters to 25+ and I haven’t gotten a single leg drop. I’ve ran plenty of dungeons and stuff that everyone says to run for leg drops, but they just don’t ever drop for me. I know they’re rare, but 50 character levels and not one drop is way too rare. I never got legs to drop in the server slam beta either outside of ashava. Even in Diablo 2 or Path of Exile, you find a few in 50 character levels.

I have lots of legendaries, but they usually have the abilities I don’t use, lol. I usually do everything as I pass by though. So, I’ve gotten about half from drops and the other half from the vendor who has a chance of giving one. I usually find I get a legendary about every fourth purchase with the orbs or whatever they are called. I get lots of veiled crystals from doing lots of quests. I haven’t even put any aspects onto my gear, but I probably could with all those crystals. I just haven’t felt the need to do that yet.

My Rogue had no issues leveling from 1-51 and completing the campaign all on WT2.

I played necro on the server slam, started in WT2, and it was easier/quicker than WT1 is on live, can anyone explain that? Did they just replace beta WT2 with WT1 on live? I did everything no problem on WT2 with necro in beta except for ashava, I had to lower it to WT1 to get the kill, because no teams could beat WT2 ashava. Necro in the server slam was pretty well trash too, and I’m playing better classes in live and running into issues. I’m a bit confused here. I was expecting packs to get melted on WT1, and they’re not, they’re hanging around in many cases, and I gotta scramble to stay alive.

It’s because on beta, legendary drop rates were tuned to be VERY common because Blizz wanted us geared out quickly to test builds.

You’re going to gear a lot slower on the live game. But don’t worry legendaries do start dropping as you level up and they become common place once you get to around level 40.

I never got a legendary drop in the server slam outside of ashava. People said the leg drop in server slam was too high, but I still never found one in 20 levels outside of the world boss.

I didn’t play during server slam, I played during the open beta weekends in April both of them. Maybe they didn’t have the drop rates tuned as high then.

Tbh you just don’t sound like a good player.

Both of those classes do pretty good damage… barbs just have an issue with survivability

1 Like

I’m finding treasure goblins like crazy while I pick up the Altars of Lillith. In 2 full zones I’ve found like 15+ treasure gobs and 80% of them have dropped legendaries. I think they have a higher drop rate honestly. Just counted I got 6 lengendaries from goblins just getting the altars in Scosglen.

I got maybe ONE legendary from the Treasure goblins until I got to Nightmare mode where I’ve gotten a legendary from every single one.

Not only are Treasure goblins more common in nightmare, but their loot is a LOT better.

Barb’s survivability issue is noted. Rogue play seems to be centered around a melee build I admittedly cannot pilot, so it is what it is. I simply wasted my time leveling 2 classes up that aren’t my style. I did alright with necro in the server slam, so maybe I’ll try that one. If I can’t absolutely annihilate stuff with WT1 necro, then I’m probably just gonna move on and play something else.