I Can See Why People Hate Tempering

20 uses across all my armor to put Thorns on my Barb via Natural Schemes:
15 were Barrier Gen, with a whopping 12 in a row at one point.
3 were Crowd Control Duration.
2 were Thorns.

That’s…Yeah. That’s kind of BS & insanely frustrating. I get that RNG is part of the game, but that’s frustratingly stupid bad luck, and I can see why such results would piss people off.

Edit: Honestly, I think a good fix would be to let us pick what enchantment we want, but the chance for it to be at the lower end of it’s scale is greater, requiring rerolls to get the higher % effects.
Or just let us re-roll all we want, since it takes resources.

8 Likes

It gets even better when u get it tempered decently snd then masterwork it to lvl 4 to have it upgrade a tempering mod instead of a real affix by 25% masterworking which boosts the stat. So it essentislly bricks your item again . You need a nrw item, temper it and then lvl 4 it again masterworking. You must play the Pits at lvl 135 20x and spend 200m gold to help your item get the wrong stat. Oopsey ill get new one and do it again

2 Likes

I would say it was conspiratorial to say their system was this flawed before season but after experiencing it myself I think they need to look at if current rolled tempers and even enchants have a higher chance to reroll same thing. Something is going on. I should not be rolling the same thing this much. Is it confirmation biased or is something going on? This is Bliz dont forget. The same ppl that brought us 1000*40%=1040, could not enter the right % for bonus XP weekend, and had BL bugged and then featured In AoZ at the same time.

1 Like

what? You can reset masterworking if it didn’t boost the desired stat at 4/12 8/12 etc. And something like two pit tier 79 runs gives enough neathiron to down-convert to something like 675 obducite, allowing you nearly 7x masterworks to 4/12.

I agree with you

The best part of the game right now is the termpering and masterworking . It gives the game a deeper meaning, and new life, when you think you found an item you can use, but then you learn later it really isnt an item you can use because you didnt fully earn it yet. The game only let you get better when the RNG likes you to. Thats the most fun, exciting part, when you finally get your tempering and masterworking so good. Its so good.

Yes i agree

Im so excited for VOH because i already found items in s5 but now i get to play s6 and do it all over again . Find the item, wonder if its really the item i can use or not yet. Maybe it really isnt. Sometimes when i find the right item i just get so excited about it but then i have to remember to calm down bc the real excitement is at the blacksmith. Oh man I just get so excited . The loot chase is on again, and gonna be so good. Just like it was before. As long as the blacksmith plays the game for me the right way so i can play the game better.

This cycle, just gives the game so much more long lasting feeling of content and things to do in it. I am stoked beyond belief about this new expansion and the tempering and masterworking , genius level idea they added to the game. Its innovative. Fun. Interesting . Exciting. . And unpredictably cool to experience.

1 Like

I agree that we should be able to choose specific temper because each has min-max roll to make life frustrated already.

This game should be build fantasies, not a gambling game.

4 Likes

For some reason I have better luck with Tempering when using the Tree of Whispers armor smith. I wonder if there is something to this. Before I would Temper on specific smiths and I get the same Temper ability or exact same roll (% or other number) several times in a row! I am not alone and killing a good GA’d piece of gear because the randomization isn’t working… cant be intended can it?!?

This goes for Masterworking too. I hit the same 25% buff affixes several times in a row (never the ones I want) and even in the same order as I got before (cant be coincidence). I saw this when using the smith at Cerrigar (most convenient). I took my Masterworking mats to another smith and got different results. Eventually I would get lucky and get the Masterworking I wanted but noticed the Cerrigar smith would constantly get the same rolls. It also really sucks ALL of the mats disappear when clearing Masterwork… grind grind grind!!!

Rng should be on affix or temper power (Like it already is) but NOT on the chance of getting it

You won’t still be able to just get the best you want but it would be way better already

1 Like

There would need to be a compromise - and that would be - choose this affix and whatever it rolls is what you get no more chances. The only exception for upcoming season 6 is an extra Try per GA (ancestral)

1 Like

I don’t hate tempering because the whole point of this game is to hunt for the best gear so if I brick a good item….oh well maybe I’ll get a better drop next time.

That being said it’s still not there yet i think the boys in the engine room still have some nuts to tighten and some bolts to screw.

Cry cry cry cry cry cry. Keep crying kiddo.

look at last epoch crafting. You go to the station, put ur stuff in maybe get lucky and get a bit more then u put in. or maybe u brick it cause u risked too much. Its fun its somewhat controllable, but most of all its fast and respect the time of the players.
In d4 u sit 30min-2h at the blacksmith waiting for the rng to roll what u wanted. And if u get it, ur not feel excited, u feel relieved to not have to play with this garbage for a while and can actually go back to the fun part of the game in monster killing.

This is what annoys me the most. It doesnt respect the players time.