I’m UBER Unlucky…

The sad thing about randomness is that you still have the same likelihood of getting it as the first time you tried. I personally did maybe 3 summons solo on my own and around 10-20 in a group. I think that was it for me this season

Best way is to not care… I hate duriel loop so I just burn materials I get but never farm them directly and don´t care about having ubers at all.

BTW I would hate Duriel loop even with 10% chance is not a problem, loop is boring at least for me.

3 Likes

Tbf gameplay-wise the grind for duriel summons is extremely boring and stagnating

2 Likes

True, that is why I ignore it completely. I don´t find joy to farm trivial content for hours to get ticket for 2% chance to get like 10% chance for item I want.

1 Like

Let’s say you need to farm trivial content overall for roughly 1 hour per duriel summon as a solo player in mats (think of all whispers, helltides, and boss summons themselves). Fighting the boss probably takes 6 minutes overall, if you run to the instance every time. If you are specifically after 1 uber unique, it’s about a 0.2% drop chance. (Assuming it’s 1 in 10 as you say). This means, on average, you may need 500 uber duriel runs to get the item you want, but ofc randomness can make it drop earlier or later. So does Blizzard expect someone to grind around 550 hours over 6 months for one item? I think some of their game designers may have a bit of a screw loose, if that’s what they want from their players. Now, if you play in a group, this number is divided by 4, so a bit less than 138 hours? That’s also ridiculous, but more realistic I guess.

They don´t. They always wanted to only really lucky ones obtain ubers, it isn´t for everyone. They did a stepback from their previous “no one get uber ever” to Duriel, where it is possible.

I think they imagine it like people would play other content and when have some materials as side product of their play they will burn it and be happy if they get uber.

They didn´t realize there is nothing else to do and no way to get better reward ouside of Duriel. So people just farm duril 24/7 and made chore out of it.

1 Like

Yeah I’m just playing other games, but it’s still weird how there isn’t a real finish line for a given season outside of getting best in slot gear. They should add more finish lines to the game. I think every season should have a canon “ending” with a small cinematic and credits imo, and the rest is just for the hardcore gamers, and even for them there should be “stops”. For example they should make a hardmode boss, that is very very hard, for every seasonal boss as the main objective of the season, and then have the leaderboards as the further content.

Also, leaderboard should give percent rewards like top 1% get some mount, top 10% some skin, top 25% some recall, etc. This game also lacks trophy content

I disagree with that. No other aRPG has this “finish line” and I don´t see this as a problem.

What I love about aRPG there is no finish line other than you set up for yourself. It always been about minmaxing your class.

Problem with duriel or mostly with D4 is before boost NMDs to guarantee 925 items. Duriel (and WB but that is hard timegated) was one and only place where you can get anything viable.

And secondary problem with that is this loop is from 95% running low lvl content where you can´t speed it up except boosting your movement speed.

This games have to follow formula harder content=bigger reward. .

I’m not saying that the game should make you stop, but I said that there should be many satisfying finish lines, and leave only the leaderboard as the actual endless content

1 Like

I would not mind if anyone would be happy with that. I just don´t care if I get some short credits with “you finish seasson 4” I guess you can consider as finish line when you do full Battlepass achievements. Never cared about something like this and this seems to me enough. But hey if anyone would like it why not.

But that is far away from Duriel loop we talking here about.

This is why RMT are a thing.

you and all people that don´t do 200 to 500 duriel runs farming.

Being lucky does not help believe me. I only played s2 because there was absolutely nothing else to play.
But got my shako and spear on first 5 pulls of duriel. That was on 2nd day after start. By 5th day I quit have not been back.
Well came back for that AoZ stuff did it for a bit i guess.

Yes op, that’s some unlucky duriel killing with no Ubers. There is still time left if to get one, dont give up.

Me too Bro!
Maybe we will have to see this boredom again in Season 4 and the difference here may be that I will also hate Andariel loop… :grin:

On avg ive been doing about 200-300 per season. Not that long to get mats.

Shakos so far are the most common uncommon unique ive gotten. Think im sitting on 10-11.

1 Like

ya in about 300 runs this season i think i have got about 8-10 ubers. drop chance is so high they arent even rare. easy as pie to get. think only uber i didnt get this season is the staff

Yep but if you listen to the fourms they have the same drop rates as items i D2 which were actually rare.

Yeah, I didnt get the ring which was the only thing I wanted. Lol

1 Like

As far as I know half of andariel tickets will come out of WB/legion (or have that short event is named) so I would probably never see her anyway :smiley:

1 Like

Hahahahaha. Not that long… sheesh. It’s a snooze fest. How many hours in helltides to throw together 5 duriel runs?

There’s a reason RMT is such a big part of D4. There’s also a reason they don’t really go after the people buying mats. They know it’s a snooze fest.

1 Like