Human Druid Problems

They need to overhaul the human legendaries (and a lot of the uniques too) entirely, extra damage to distant enemies is okay until they run up on you and they cancel out your legendary effects. They really have to lean in on what makes it different than just running the same build minus shapeshifting and give us more reason to use earth and storm skills.
The original Gathlen’s was a really good move in that direction by giving us the two key passives and letting us take the third one but with it now just being a damage mitigation helm it doesn’t give us that option.

Even with a Greenwalker there’s really no reason (or honestly space) to put something like stoneburst on the bar when you’re a lightning storm druid because it barely procs and when it does it puts out maybe five damage so I’d really like to see that legendary completely redesigned. I even experimented with trying to use stoneburst as my main attack to see how much/if lightning storm was cast and it was not worth it in any way. I did the same with tornado for a moment with similar results.

I love the idea of the storm pants that make your wolves lightning based like the birds so that you can have two lightning companions but as a human lightning druid the gear is already too packed with uniques so adding in another one would be way too much. Maybe the solution is to let us activate a legendary ability without it being on gear so that you don’t feel punished by upgrading to a unique?

I’ve been trying to make human druid work since this game came out and it’s definitely in the best place it’s been since launch but it’s maximum output is so much less than other options out there which is incredibly frustrating. I’m paragon 240 and I’m starting to struggle in the pit at 115; I have most of my glyphs at or right around 100 and I’m not sure how much more they increase my damage to be able to push farther. I even have min/maxed all my charms to have 3+ nature/storm skill so I’m at 35 points or so in lightning storm.

I think the storm set bonuses are great it’s just we need more from the gear to actually compliment the advantages of being a human. I also think that the human form buff needs to be completely different because spirit regen isn’t something that is beneficial at max level at all.

Lastly, I think that we need different paragon boards to choose from because it feels really stupid having to pick the two poison paragons as human since there’s no reason to use rock and lightning and I’m not going to shapeshift. Sure adding a tiny bit of poison damage to earth skills is okay but ultimately it’s just something I pick because I have to and then immediately forget about it. Plus, it doesn’t make any sense to add poison damage to gear when everything I do is lightning based so I would just add that over making my poison do .2% damage rather than .1%.

2 Likes

It’s phatphobik dude read the room

Please learn to read in general. Thanks.

2 Likes

Nice 80IQ contribution. Really. Any “GIT GUD” or “L2PLAY” comments to leave, too?

Go play GTA6, drink your monster drinks, and eat a bag of cheetos. Adjust your fedora while you’re at it.

Anyway, OP: I have been singing that song since release. The team is SOOOO lazy and won’t do what’s necessary to give us viable build choices. If you ain’t a bear or a wolf, you don’t get to experience T12.