How's hardcore these days?

Getting a bit bored with ESO (and the all the time maintenance)…how’s hardcore in eternal these days? Was thinking a good, defensive based character and start from scratch.

1 Like

I’m not hardcore myself but I heard they are removing death-saves when the next season starts.

1 Like

hardcore eternal? It is a wasteland. seasonal hardcore is still doing ok though, as more and more people get everything done on softcore and are making new characters in HC.

1 Like

Wasteland is ok by me really :slight_smile: Was going to be more of just a slow run…taking a long time I’m sure. Barb a good character for this maybe? How’s the disconnect situation? As you can tell, I haven’t been in game for some time (stopped after S2). Thanks for the replies.

Disconnect situation is purely on the users side. They’re also taking away the get out death elixir next patch. Lots of itemization changes and other things coming as well. Up to you if you want to start a new HC character now or wait until the patch that hits on May 14.

1 Like

Hardcore Seasonal is doing OK.

Of course it’s getting more and more quiet with each passing week , but there are still people playing. Trade chat is sometimes of cheery, cool people who make jokes.

It’s mostly a wasteland on WT1/2. You will find a few people on WT3 and ALMOST everyone is on WT4. There are still people doing Duriel Rotas and Malphas which you can sign up for from trade chat.

There are a few clans - most are active still, maybe not as many as before but still.

Looks like it won’t be too dead at the end of the season, after all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Digi :stuck_out_tongue:

The disconnect situation is not too bad. The servers are pretty stable. If you have issues on your side there are ‘‘Scrolls Of Escape’’ which if you have in your consumables inventory activate automatically upon a disconnect and teleport your character to safety.

Unless you disconnect all the time, you should be able to acquire a good amount of them and even be OK. :slight_smile:

The only real trouble is the potential disconnect when you start leveling before you find your first scroll of escape. Some people find it on level 20, others on 40.

This is actually the only real issue I am actually worried about when next season or a new patch comes up. The potential overload of servers and then receiving a disconnect while in combat. It is always busy at the start and on top of that - even though we’re separate servers from the SC people - the login server is apparently one and the same!

2 Likes

HC is about to get much more difficult. I probably will start on SC 1st to get a feel for survivability without damage reduction

1 Like

Ooof…I’m assuming the next patch is going to make some changes?

1 Like

Yeah. New itemization and no more potion. Will be more challenging. I have to go rogue this time to get my 5th character achievement :face_with_peeking_eye:

The only thing major for now in HC will be the removal of the Death Potion.

Because of it, a lot of people will have to start playing with more balanced or defensive builds and instead of being more reckless will have to be more cautious and not run glass cannon builds. People will have to actually think and plan and be good at theory crafting.

Considering that Season 4 is going to be a new system for the whole game, even the experienced hardcore players will have to take it cautiously. If you had the ability/time to try out the PTR even the very tanky built characters could be in trouble.

The interesting part next season will be who will be the wiser and smarter to know when to push the breaks and not go into the abyss without the Death Pot. Knowledge and wisdom and restraint will be key. And what and when and who to fight.

Thank you…sounds like I should not bother making an Eternal HC character yet then. I was just going to play the whole campaign all over…just at a slow, once in a while pace :slight_smile:

The next patch is going to make a whole new game, honestly. Most of the changes are going to be great though, but yeah, survivability in HC was drastically reduced with the elimination of the death evasion elixir and the elimination of most damage reduction gear. Should be interesting though.

Biggest change for HC will be the removal of the ‘Elixir of Death Evasion’ also currently Damage Reduction has been removed as an Affix on gear (may come back we don’t know yet).

Now the biggest changes all around will be the itemization changes. Complete rework for affixes, new crafting systems introduced, codex of power reworked, etc. If you want more info I would suggest reading this:

Official patch notes and everything that’s going into the next patch when S4 hits. Now some of this may change mind you, but the basics are definitely going to stick. When you get to the bottom that says :arrow_forward: 1.4.0 PTR Build #51678 (PC) - April 2, 2024, make sure to click the little :arrow_forward: button to make it drop down :arrow_down_small: and show the actual notes.

Now if you want a little bit more information I’d suggest reading over this:

However if you just want to go in blind, ignore everything I linked. If you have additional questions feel free to ask, we’ll try to answer what we can.

3 Likes

I loved HC in D3 but due to the initial DC issues at launch I have just stuck with seasonal and really have not payed much attn to HC.
It’s not like I was a HC junky but the added tension was always fun. So from my understanding there will be no death saves at all? Or is something being baked into the new affixes?
Might as well get my facts straight.

Ohhh, nice.

Ty Iggi!

1 Like

After making my forth 100 (one per season) in softcore, I’ve been making a Sorc in HC. I’ve kind of enjoyed the full reset, having to get altars and map and stuff again, haven’t done it since pre seasons.

It plays similar, you just get a potion to prevent one shots and there are less people running around.

Give it a shot!

Hardcore is just a monumental way to set yourself up for supreme disappointment 99% of the time with 1% being eternal glory getting to 100 and dominating. You can easily die to things that are not even your fault like lag or server crash or bug or whatever.

Do the Butcher and Malphas’ son make group appearances when you’re pushing NMD’s?