How is it possible that in 2023 a Diablo title launched without smart loot?

Why am I getting str and dex on sorc loot?? Diablo devs figured out almost 10 years ago that random loot in D3 sucked big time, and it’s not any better here.

PLEASE don’t make us wait till the xpac to introduce loot 2.0… this needs a fix now. Add smart loot, there is no reason this should be absent from the game.

2 Likes

How is it 2023 and you don’t know how attributes work?

1 Like

I can get DR and Crit from % affix. I don’t need garbage suboptimal primary stats intended for other classes.

I need int for damage. I don’t care that str gives me pitiful amounts of armor, or that dex gives me pitiful amounts of Crit, I want my gear to come with my meaningful damage boosting primary, int.

Just because str and dex give something, that doesn’t mean it’s anywhere remotely close to int in value.

Sorc gear should not be dropping with strength and dexterity, full stop. It’s just barely above borderline useless when it happens. And it happens constantly.

1 Like

Maybe stop doing that? Then it won’t happen.

Have you tried gitting gud? You might have a better time if you git gud.

Because Strength and Dexterity still do something for you. Because you can always change the attribute in town? Because this isn’t Diablo 3 and they’re averse to making stupid decisions like completely restricting gear drops to the person who loots them?

You’ll find out why you might want other stats when you get to the paragon boards. The game obviously has smart loot. Almost all the drops, sans some mob-specific items with flavor text, are for your class.

RNG mate. All those meaningless affix is here to dillute the loot pool. When you get a Primal Ancient Legendary that has Int drop on your Monk, you’ll understand.

I love getting different loot. Good for alts, good to trash for mats, sell for gold, burn for transmogs, etc.

Smart loot like in D3 was boring. Before end game you were already min/max’ing gear because you had no other reason to even look at most loot.

1 Like