How I FIXED my Screen Lock, Freeze issue, Shutters, Rubber banding, Lag, Click not responding in 2.0.2 f

TLDR : They way I fix it by using High Res Assets. (~50GB extra download).
you can access this by going to Bnet Launcher > Diablo IV > press gear icon beside the Play button > Modify Install > Game Content - Modify Install > Check the “High-Resolution Assets” > Confirm > Update.

but keep your texture quality at Medium if you play on 1080p after install.

-OR- try to use VPN if you have one.

What I experienced before : Screen Lock, Lag when opening Map, Inventory, NPC, Shutters, Rubber-banding, High CPU usage

Check on DTMAce post below for explanation :3

If you seems to have network issue after you download the Hi rez package, try to disable cross network on the Option.

Hopefully they fix the based game assets … I want mi 50GB back :<

EDIT : The removing and redownloading wont help. Because the problem lies on the files that stored in the Blizzard server when u install the game. (mi hipothesis)`

EDIT 2 : since it probably just server issue. So people also reported to be able to get around this problem with using VPN

EDIT 3 : trim the post to make it short :smiley:

Bonus : Also check your battery mode on your GPU it might be on “maximum performance” – happened on me.

1 Like

so i have a 1440p monitor, what settings should i run with the pack? oh and RTX 360 TI

if you play on 1440p (and up) after you download the pack, you choose High in texture I believe only have 1080p so I stick with my Medium :upside_down_face:

but in this topic of shutter, freeze,… issue. it is the only way to circumvent the current issue unless u facing with connection then try VPN.

This indeed fix the problem for me. Been blasting for 2 hours and no lag at all.

1 Like

yay \o/ go get those demonnsss… dont forget to spread da words, it sure will help others. And let the dev noticed so we can get our bytes back.

The problem was fixed after download High Res Assets.
Thank

1 Like

Did you try turning off cross party, cross party talk and music volumn.

This doesn’t work; I have always had the high-resolution assets downloaded and have tons of freezing, crashes, rubber banding, etc. Disabling cross network also does nothing, but also hinders us as a guildie is on xbox.

1 Like

oh have you try to check Fenris log in your D4 installation folder? it give information what happen to your game and it quite detailed. :slight_smile: hope this help.

I am just wanting to make a point here with regards to this fix.

Yes loading high res textures seems to fix the instances of the game freezing or halting when clicking on a vendor or doing some tasks. This won’t fix various other issues.

But from what I have been seeing with regards to this, it appears to be central to your location and how you connect to the internet.

For some reason, some of you when connecting to the game server the game is requesting the high res versions for some tasks rather than using the local files.

We know this because the other fix was using a VPN to change your location and suddenly the game played fine.

My curious nature would like to know where everyone that has ran into this issue plays the game from. I bet there is a correlation there.

As for our OP. There is nothing wrong with the game files. If there were, then anyone downloading them would get bad copies and a lot more people would have the issue, all over the place and how you connect to the internet wouldn’t matter.

Its great you found a solution, but your theory is highly doubtful. The evidence I see points me to think its more about where you live and where you connect that causes this to happen as evidenced by using a VPN to fix the same issue. I’m just trying not to spread the wrong information.

And just to be clear, downloading the high resolution packs is nothing more than a higher quality texture pack. So yeah, if you don’t have it, you have to download it, when the game thinks you need it. They do not replace the existing textures.

Part of me wonders if these only happen in the new region, as no one has actually stated where they encountered the freezes, only that they get them, but I doubt that matters.

So ease up on the why you think it happened, and just focus on the fact that this works, for whatever reason when you share your experience.

1 Like

I plays from Tenerife, S+Pain.

Aye I updated mi post to “High Res Asset” and “VPN” :slight_smile:

It also affect base game region too :frowning: well in my case before was trying to do helltide on base game map and it shutter and freeze.

And where are you playing from?

There is something messed up with the audio engine as well. Honestly all you have to do to minimize the crashing is disable audio in game and I don’t mean turn down the volume, uncheck enable audio in the options. I’ve been able to play with maybe 1-2 crashes a day while putting in time like it’s my day job. Does it get boring without sound? Sure but you can watch videos in the background or put on music to ease the monotony.

I’m in Asia server. Unfortunately I dont have any VPN to test it :frowning:

I guess this puts the location theory to end as two people this is happening to are so far apart…

Not necessarily.

We need more data to be able to put that to rest. I have not seen anyone from the US posting yet, most of the ones having the issue are from overseas from the US.

And if a VPN service fixes the problem, its related to the server you are being connected to.

So if you have the space for the high res pack, or have a VPN option, those two solutions work to get around it.

I have the high res pack. 90% cpu usage as always. Always had it.

Well there’s a 420Mb patch followed by a 3.2Gb patch waiting for everyone… looks like 2.0.3 is here. So all the scrambling we’ve done to make the game playable likely just went up in smoke. At 2.2Gb… waiting for it to finish before I submit the comment… yup… 2.0.3 is up… time to kick the tires.

Just logged in to check. Yep.

Great. Will it help, or will it make it worse. Time will tell. lol

And no notes on it yet either. Interesting.