How do I get to multiplayer

I created a character and i’m not seeing anyone else in multiplayer? I haven’t played diablo since diablo 2. I thought I would have to create a game. I did play a little diablo immortal. So how does this work?

Its multiplayer everytime, you can´t play offline… But its end of seasson, so almost noone playing anymore

2 Likes

ah i see. thank you.

1 Like

You are also probably running around in WT1, not many players are there this late in the season, wait until WT3-WT4 you will see more players!

2 Likes

Lmao this should be pinned so Blizzard devs can see.

1 Like

It has always been like this, even in the open beta when only T1 and T2 were available. The vast majority of Diablo players want to play alone, and Blizzard thought they could be won over by forcing them all to play online. So people like you and me, and the hundred or so other people who like to play with others, each wind up in an instance with 11 other people who want to be left alone.

1 Like

every server shard has 12 people on it, so outside of points of interests (world bosses etc), you dont necessarily run into people.

Also, its 2 weeks til season 4 comes up. im pretty sure people spend their time otherwise right now ^^

1 Like

It’s weird that this is the case. Apart from D3 no other game goes completely dormant at the end of a season. D2 and Immortal don’t even do this. I don’t see why they can’t roll out rewards and events over the course of the season like other games do.

I like to bully players in PVP in WT1 in late season. :hamster: :popcorn:

oh, its quite normal that player counts go down in seasonal games, cause you know, noone dedicates ones life to one game ^^.

To access multi-player in D4, attend a Legion or world boss event. This will put you on an instance with other players. While you wait, switch to local chat and kindly ask…‘Will any of you play with me?’…Group up and go grind nmds afterwards. I solve problems.

They also took a backward step and there’s no group finder…yet.

Forums are the best group content in D4.

Make sure you in WT4, enable cross network play. Goto world boss spawn location. You should be able to see other players.

Comment only, won’t reply unless you are asking a valid question.

1 Like

Actually, it’s quite normal for the counts to go down because seasonal games have nothing to offer once the season is over. It has zero to do with having other games to play.

Bob, I really do enjoy your posts but has it ever occurred to you that for a game you supposedly hate so much, you sure do spend a lot of time talking about it?

You’re not gonna run into very many people early on. Are you in World Tier 4 yet?

This season was also extended by a month. I usually continue to play to the end of a season but this season I e been done for a while and the gauntlet just isn’t doing it for me so I haven’t logged in for a couple weeks. I’m betting next season will be different.

We all been asking that same question since launch, my friend.

But that is exactly what people are doing to reach the point where they’ve finished all the content and burned out within a month or two. I’m still playing at the end of the season precisely because I play lots of different games, participate in several season passes, and don’t play games every day.

I don’t fault people for not being like this and focusing on one game at a time, but I do scratch my head that it’s so much more common here than other games. I can hop in Fortnite, Destiny, Hearthstone, or even D2 at the end of a season and find people to play with easily. In D3 and D4, I cannot rouse people in my own clans, of which I have joined more than I can count. Hundreds or even thousands of players totally conked out, including on Discord.

1 Like