Hotfix 9 Feedback - More mob density + Buff wolves and necromancer summons PLEASE!

Sounds like they wasted a lot of man hours on dev time to make each dungeon different, when they should’ve just tossed together a standardized system to begin with.

The circus is fun.

5 Likes

What other games? Bnet is almost dead. OW? Dead. WoW? Dead. D3? Lawl.

2 Likes

What about the part where players can’t access WT3 mission without meeting requirements? Does that mean no capstone cathedral for sub 50 players?

If you don’t mind, sure, do it. It’s your account. If you don’t feel like you’ve got your money’s worth, cannot refund and don’t care about the other games on your account, sure.

1 dungeon 1 system 1 level 1 future 1 game 1 yacht 1 team

3 Likes

Is this really… the kind of people we have as management over the game?

Could they not just have made like a… I dono… what Genre is witcher or Elden ring ?

That type of game… if they did not like high desity in an ARPG

2 Likes

I logged on played for five minutes and logged off.

I don’t care about the xp, I don’t care about the loot, I don’t care about the HC race…

All I care about is actually having fun killing demons and reducing mob density to a trickle is absolutely obliterating any fun that I could be having.

Every place in the entire game should be as populated as Eridu was; it had a density that felt really good to fight through, enough elites to pose a threat, and it actually required me to play the game.

If they want to standardize mob density they should be using dungeons like this as the bare minimum standard.

14 Likes

Same this is EXACTLY how I feel.

I’m here for fun, that fun is being reduced over and over again and I’m getting drained =/

8 Likes

I also quit mainly because elite and mob density

2 Likes

I’m right there with you. I love this game, have easily put 150+ hours in already if not more. But these rapid fire nerf updates are really starting to make me angry when so many things need buffed.

So many dungeons are absolutely terrible when it comes to density. 1-2 mobs per room, sometimes rooms are just empty (Black Asylum for example).

And so many core abilities / playstyles are so far from viable you’d think it was a joke.

3 Likes

but then you cant play the only good game they ever made D2R

I’m so done with these nightly patches and GAAS model. These are coming so fast you can barely digest them. Working on an Alt Sorc and these changes have made the dungeons completely bare. Its not even fun to play anymore. With the slow movement speed on this character and the amount of run time to and fro to get xp, I’ve lost all interest. I’ve played for 100’s of hours already but the trash end game and these continual xp nerfs have put the nail in the coffin for me. Now we have a huge divide between our friends and theres no way for any casual to bridge this gap. As usual its the haves and have-nots. It’s not better being the haves when all your friends are stuck at 50 with these garbage spawn rates and no drops.

4 Likes

It’s really frustrating too that they did this hours ago and only told us now.

The problem though about changing density is that maps with garbage layouts, intermissions with no XP/loot gain (survive mobs while door opens rooms in the middle of some dungeon), or lots of backtracking are always going to be avoided.

3 Likes

It blows my mind they have no idea how to make a good arpg. This genre is made to have high density mobs so you can blast through huge packs with your character for that quick eye candy/dopamine release. Its a huge part of why people play path of exile so much. Blizz is going to nerf this game into the ground if they keep doing what they are. It still took me countless hours to get to 100 grinding champs demise and ruins of eridu, we still have to put that time in playing the game and thats how we enjoy it. If you want us to stop running 1-2 specific dungeons then buff all of the others instead of nerfing the only 2 that are fun and good to farm. Not to mention the gear drops 95% of the time are garbage rolls and garbage item level so it still takes hours to farm gear but god knows how long it will take now. Wake up blizz you’re destroying your game within weeks.

6 Likes

Exactly. The dopmaine hits with that is big.

Yet… yet somehow they have figured it’s good to turn that of.

No no no no no stop turning off the dopamine hits that’s EXACTLY HOW you get players hooked-- this is such a baffling decision.

1 Like

Good to see Blizzard address this.

Mob density should be lowered overall tbh. And then make each monster more challenging.
Facerolling easy mobs is the wrong path to take.

Sounds like the Souls games where what Diablo 4 was originally designed around.

It’s strange in a ARPG to find the objectives to “Slay all the monsters” to be the most annoying. It’s definitely not fun and nobody likes to use a spender for a single mob when you can only cast it 2-3 times before running out of resource.

I know these things get fixed at later levels but not a lot of people will endure the leveling to 80ish for the paragons. Something will need to change to make the low/mid tier of the game more fun.

I would appreciate smaller dungeons with higher density. That is fun and time efficient to me.

3 Likes

Slay all the monsters missions make me wonder why I am playing this game.

It’s intensely unfun. Way too much pathing around, way too large of dungeons, the dungeon mobs for “Slay all monsters” is filled with normal trash that isn’t even interesting in the slightest and has no rewards worth anything even in higher nightmare tiers.

Slay all the monsters is in my opinion the single worst designed mode in all of Diablo IV. It isn’t even close. It’s awful.

1 Like

Literally dungeons have 60% less mobs in them right now and give 1/4 the xp from last night. This change is bad. Blizzard needs to remember that this is a ARPG, not a MMO. The point is to have fun, why in the world they nerf fun for “balance” is mind boggling.

2 Likes

Increase density by a F tons but nerf the exp it give and me myself ill be happy cause damn this is a hack and slash and your suposed to deal massive damage to a F tons of enemy at the same time , this is one of the fun part of a hack and slash .

4 Likes