HOTFIX 1 & 2 - July 18 & 19 - 1.1.0

Dev thoughts: Now that we killed off our player base with recent patches servers should be more stable for remaining players.

4 Likes

Just died 4 times in a 1hr period purely lag based and recordings to prove it while watching my connection speeds in general never dip below 550mbps even when testing with connecting across the US.
Definitely didn’t fix the stability issues with the server in fact they seem worse than they were before patch and I complained then too :joy:
I’m assuming it’s mainly a cross gen server problem but not sure. Ive given up trying to enjoy this as a Diablo game and just want to get this character leveled so I can feel better about quitting.

Recently saw an ad that they were hiring and basically every position was available so that could be part of the issue lmao

" Fixed an issue where the overall drop rate of Aberrant Cinders in Helltide was lower than intended."

Soo cinders drop rate was intended to be reduced just not that much is what ya saying?

2 Likes

I want to see a hotfix like…
“Fixed an issue where executive greed was prioritized over community enjoyment of the game.”

“Fixed an issue where eternal realm characters were crapped on to incentivize season mechanics for the sake of promoting exposure to the season pass.”

The move was blatant and clearly planned.
The community knows it.
Only a very swift act of goodwill can help.

*PS - I would strongly advise not going into the fireside chat planning to bs and sugarcoat this.
I would advise specific recognition of what happened and a promise of rapid reversal, with the inclusion of some of the more requested fixes, like resistances and stash tabs, at the very least.

**This backlash is akin to the launches of No Man’s Sky, Cyberpunk, Fallout 76, and Anthem.
The difference is that this time is was created with decision post-launch.

I hope you and the executives that pushed for this horrible mistake actually take the community to heart.
I would like to be able to play again some day, with my friends, and actually enjoy it.
This patch will forever be a stain on the legacy of this game.

6 Likes

To be fair, internet speed has absolutely nothing to do with lag so you can be 550 mbps all day and it won’t help you. Lag is all about ping latency. You can have a 100 Gbps connection and be laggy AF if your latency is above ~600ms. Bandwidth speed is just the size of the pipe, latency tells you how long it’s taking each data packet to get from point A to B and that can be affected by so many things it’s hard to blame the servers unless everyone is having the same issue. I haven’t had any lag issues at all and my latency is usually around 150-200ms. If you want to see your latency, just press ctrl+R twice and it’ll show in the bottom corner of the screen.

And I’ve spent the time narrowing it down to specifically the connection between my connection whether it’s Wi-Fi or Ethernet, that has absolutely NO PROBLEMS on any other game despite them needing far more power on the hardware AND internet connection, to the connection of the Diablo servers. I’m truly failing to see what other factors could be at play here besides maybe their servers being the problem and not being able to handle the spike of folks who logged in with hopes the update brought positive changes or just wanted to see what the fuss was about.
And my brother in patch survival… Never tell a console player in a console specific section that they need to plug in a KB&M to do something on this game especially as your first post. I tell you this as someone who has made that mistake too lol.

Edited because I didn’t want to come off snarky toward you at all and I do apologize because I’m sure it might still come off that way especially this early in the morning, but it’s frustration about the game strictly.