HOTA Crit chance & Attack speed breakpoints?

We can get 15 from gloves and 15 furor ring, but what are the attack speed breakpoints for hota?

Also, since furor crits every 2nd shot, even crit chance on gloves or ring even useful? couldn’t be it replaced with overpower damage?

i.e attack speed, +3 hota, str, overpower vs attack speed, +3 hota, crit, str/pverpower?

If you use Unbridled Rage HoTA and Whirlwind animation cancelling, EVERY HoTA will be a Critical Strike with Red Ring, so no, you really do not need Critical Strike Chance as an Affix and can take more - whatever you need.

There really are not Breakpoints for Attack Speed. The cap is 100% but Accelerating and the IAS from Rupture will go past that Soft Cap since they are Global Modifiers.

There is going to come a point however where you actually start to dip in efficiency if your Fury ever goes below 100% and you are spamming HoTAs. You want to maximize your Max Fury as it improves HoTA damage in an absurd way. Overpower is great to use as a filler if you don’t have anything else. You are swimming in additive Overpower though so I actually prefer other things like Max HP (also affects OP).

FYI - do not take Limitless Rage or Expectant as those will now get eaten by Whirlwind.

ty for your reply.

i do not use accelerating aspect, but just 15 ias on gloves and 15 on ring, so I wonder if there is a breakpoint between say 10-20% ias, that I need to be aware of. if it’s at 9% and then at 24% IAS, for example. if so, then I can’t get to 24% without using accelerating but then I wouldn’t worry about maxing out ias on a ring and concentrate on maxing out other stats.

p.s this is not for gauntlet, just normal vault hota, just trying to kill faster to run them faster

This is new to me, would you mind explaining how this works? :slight_smile:

There is some old intereting analysis on rogue attack speed breakpoints. I have to assume break points for attack speed in general apply throughout the game rather than are class specific. I would start there as the basis of break point analysis.

HoTA Base Fury Cost: 35
HoTA Fury Cost with Unbridled Rage: 70

Whirlwind Base Fury Cost per second: 25
Whirlwind Fury Cost with UR per second: 50

70+50 = 120 Fury per rotation
120 > 100 - Required to proc Red Ring

WW 2 seconds
HoTA Crit
WW
HoTA Crit
WW
HoTA Crit

Etc…

Alternatively, Whirlwind for 2 seconds = 100 Fury. With your Fury Generation and Enhanced Whirlwind, while you will have used 100 Fury, you probably have gained close to that amount back if you have hit enemies.

Whirlwind starts channeling the second you hit the button and stops the moment you release it. You can literally tap it and hit another Skill like HoTA and it uses the Fury from Whirlwind and counts as a Weapon Swap for Earthstriker assuming you have it bound to somethi else.

120x3 = 360 Fury, or a guaranteed Overpower from Banished Lords Talisman on your next HoTA. Whirlwind for 6 seconds also procs Banished Lords as it will use 300 Fury. Tibaults and Metamorphisis + and sources of Unstoppable will help you gain Fury super fast.

This lets you start fights with Banished Lords, Bonebreaker, and ES swaps all very easily. The set-up is what causes Barbarians to be able to one-shot Bosses and World Bosses because with Red Ring, your OPs will be Crits amplified by Vuln and Berserking.

It is poorly thought out by Blizzard.

2 Likes