Hi all
I’ve been led to believe that items maxed out after reaching item power 725 or so. I understand well the trick for using the blacksmith to surpass the next breakpoint and all that… in case you doubt me here…
Im in disbelief a little bit as I just dropped an 818 item power 2h scythe and it has 400 base dps more than a similar item with around 760 item power!
Stat roll ranges are the same but it’s base damage is a whole different league!
Anybody else suspect there could be another item breakpoint???
I’m only level 67 wtf is this treasure! It has 2/4 good affixes so I can roll a 3rd on. 205 life per kill lol and I play hardcore.
Gonna put this thing to work tomorrow good night ![]()
The item tier isn’t the problem it is the damage calculations and the boring stats on gear that are problems. Where is the explody items?
Sorry this isn’t a “problem”. It’s an anomaly.
Anybody have information about item breakpoints changing?
when you drop a high item power weapon early in wt4 that’s just your weapon for the rest of the game lol. had it in pre-season with sorc, dropped a staff with around the same ipower and I just couldn’t replace it no matter how many staves I looted
800+ item power will give you higher DPS and Armor.
Yes, 800 weapon is important no matter the affixes.
But my 750 item power Amulet hasnt been beaten yet by any 800+ item power amulets becoz the former has perfect rolls. Maybe lower on its maximum but it’s maximum on all of its stats.
If your build relies on MH DPS then the highest iPower is the most important thing, stats are secondary a 825 iPower item will be the biggest dps boost you can get and I’d put a MH 825 with Core/CHD/Vuln/Main stat inbetween Uniques and Uber rares in rarity. I managed to a 825 on my 100 Barb and it was the only I ever recieved for 300hrs.
Item Power is extremely important for your weapon slot(s). It increases the base DPS as item power increases. The “725 breakpoint” is for affix ranges. Item power does dictate the base armor an item has, the higher the better.
If you had for example a 720 power item, with all the mods you want, when you upgrade it at the blacksmith to 725+ it will roll into the 725 breakpoint affix ranges, however, it will reroll the range. For example let’s say I had a 720 item with max rolled life on it, going to the 725 breakpoint will upgrade the to the 725 breakpoint, but will also reroll the value, i.e. it’s probably not going to be max rolled anymore. Be weary of this, sometimes not upgrading an item past the breakpoint would yield better results than the 725 version.
This is great information thank you.
So weapon base damage and item base armor changes gradually depending on item power? There is no breakpoint when it comes to base damage and armor?
725 is the highest tier. There’s not another breakpoint. This affects the percentage based affixes as the maximum tier will unlock the maximum ranges.
Ilvl over 725 increases the base damage, armor, and fixed interger stats like life. So yes, a weapon with 819 will be stronger with higher base damage than a 725. Jewelry with a life mod will have it higher based on ilvl.
lol, armor and DPS are not the same. Armor don’t multiple but DPS does.
See how you just ignore my second line is funny.