Help with how to defeat Cyhrach The First Born

I’m having trouble with the Cyhrach The First Born boss (on WT2). I usually have no trouble with bosses but this one (mainly his homing range attacks) has me stumped.

I’m a lvl 33 Sorc. Ice Shards, Nova, Blizzard, Ice Armor, Teleport and Deep Freeze.
Not the best gear but about my level and a couple of legendaries.

I’ve tried timing my Ice Armor when he does his ranged thing but it blows through the armor and 1 shots me. Also tried dodging which gets the first one but he sends out multiple missiles.

Any tips? Is there a way to find out the damage type of his ranged attacks (ice, poison etc). Maybe I can stack resists.

4 Likes

this was also my first deaths, but I found out pretty fast that this boss in particular has a really low health pool, so just be very very patient and burst on him only when you know ur safe

Thanks, I’ll give him a go again. I had him down to almost dead then got 1 shotted.

So there’s no way (like a combat log or something) to know the damage type that enemies are dealing?

1 Like

I’ve just killed this boss as a lightning sorceress after finding out how he shoots his homing missiles. They will follow you for 10 or so seconds, but they can’t do a full 360 turn, so you can easily run past them.

Just be sure to have the best possible spells to cast whenever the missiles are away or you are sure you can survive 1 or 2 hits. I’ve found Unstable Currents and spamming Chain Lightning particularly useful for elites and bosses, capable of doing between 25-30% dmg to this particular boss each turn.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the info.

1 Like

its a really hard for me as a barb, i run around and cannot do much with how terrible fury generation is

1 Like

just an incredibly trash fight

8 Likes

Oh snap is this the priest who shoots the purple missles in a cyclone and a mean missile that follows you? That boss was tough I died like 6 times before beating, changed my Ultimate even to Army of the Dead to beat him/her. I had to dodge behind the pillars and run around hitting her with my main attack to spawn more corpses to distract her.

2 Likes

i find it hard on a barb, sometimes i dodge the missiles, but for some reasons they come back at me before my dodge is back

23 deaths to that boss, i tried 4 different builds but i can’t kill him rofl

2 Likes

I did it after coming back after a few level, with more aspects and fighting less stupid. :wink:

1 Like

If you’re careful with your positioning, the missiles go around you, but I had to blast him as hard as I could just to barely get him down after running out of potions.

He also has a clap attack that shoot 3 projectiles in front of him get behind him. It is a tough fight for a bard :sweat_smile: almost killed him and he kills me with his missiles everytime 5th death so far…

I have a hard time killing this boss as Barb…I don’t want to say its overtune but an skill issue. what’s a best build to kill this boss?

2 Likes

I loaded up on elixirs, and the. When he shoots his guys i ran around the outside and some wpild hit the walls and such. When he shoots the multi directional blast you can cut in-between them fpr a shot. I used death blow. Took me a few but i did it

As someone else mentioned, it looks like he has a small (for a boss) HP pool.

So I guess trying a high DPS build maybe worth trying. His range attack one shotted my Sorc, even with an Ice Barrier up.

And maybe try a death save type skill if you have one. E.G. For a sorc, you can slot a Flame Shield spell into the Enchantment. It automatically casts the spell (which makes you invulnerable and does a bit of damage for 2 seconds) when you get a fatal hit.

Anyway, it was a great boss fight. Very difficult but it felt rewarding once I finally dropped him.

I don’t think this has been mentioned yet.
I think most people having difficulty with this fight are getting hit by the missiles and are running around the room kiting? Don’t.

You need to stay closeish to him and as he sends out the missiles you quickly dodge as they go past ya and you then engage him and drop your damage on him.
Then he has a proximity attack if you are too close so you have to go out of his green circle to avoid. Once that’s done you go back to him and repeat from the beginning.
After enough damage you stun him and can damage at will. You have to do this a few times.

As a sorcerer I took teleport and deep freeze for when i messed up. Teleport allows you to run away from the missiles to heal and deep freeze gives you invulnerability to clear some missiles. But then you go back close to him. This is a proximity fight without a doubt, no kiting!

1 Like

Damn I thought I am the only one kept dying to him. lol

As a long ranged rogue I just kept running in circles and hit when I have the chance to.

I really dislike these kinda boss fights because its cheap. I am looking at you, C*****r!

Hey all. I was having trouble with him too as a puncture/barrage rogue. Then I found a pretty good way to deal with his projectiles: good ol’ fashioned WoW melee fire avoidance.

Do your best to drag him over to one of the walls of the room. Put your back to the wall so that he’s facing it. Soon as he casts, walk/leap/teleport/evade through him. He’ll shoot all of his projectiles into the wall, and they’ll disappear. Walk back to the wall, repeat. Keep damaging him the whole time, especially right after you dodge through him. At around half life (or maybe as a timed event in the fight), he’ll get stunned for some reason for a fairly long time. Save your DPS cooldowns (ultimates, imbues, etc) for this moment, because if you can just stand still and shoot him, you find he’s actually got very low armor/hp.

It’s still hard, it REALLY challenges your dodge reflexes, and perhaps a bit unfairly and out of proportion with many other bosses. But if you can make the dodging easy (i.e. you only have to dodge the projectiles once instead of circling around the room while running and screaming), the fight becomes much more manageable. I’d also HIGHLY recommend boots that have the “+1 Charge of Evade” bonus on them.

4 Likes

I was able to kill him today had change some spec around and was able to kill him with 5 tries. Such of a pain as a Barb.