Help me decide which is the best affix of extra ranks to have on my amulet. I'm a Blizzard sorcerer

For a blizzard sorcerer, which is the best option for extra ranks in my amulet: Devouring Blaze, Hoarfrost, Icy Touch, or Glass Cannon?

Assuming you took a 49 dex Destro, I would take DB.

1 Like

If you are referring to my destruction glyph, I do have it maxed out with 49 dexterity

1 Like

Icy Vien worst of the batch. Hoarfrost I dont think affects bosses so I’d de-prioritize unless you are just running helltides.

Glass Cannon if you want best damage outcome and have defense squared away already.

Otherwise Gnomer is right, go with DB.

If you are down to DB or GC, then I’d defer to the other affix on the amulets, e.g. mana cost reduction as the tie breaker.

2 Likes

For my use case on my amulet when i was a blizz Sorc, i had Devouring Blaze, glass cannon, mana cost reduction, and armor %. This way i had super high damage, didnt have mana issues, and had enough armor to get me through t100s.

Im not sure whether S4 allows for having GC and DB on ammy. When i did PTR, i never found an ammy with either passive. Im assuming i was unlucky.

Has any in PTR gotten an Ammy with GC or DB that was a greater affix? Ei: rolled better than +2 ranks by default?

Bonus: dont forget to temper ranks of soulbrand onto your ammy in s4

Glass cannon passive was still in PTR.

Two passives on amulets are now possible.

I don’t recall if DB was still an option for the passives.

The greater affix is tricky here. I’m not sure if it was a bug or not, but I did have something with a greater affix that started as 3. (Also had one that started as 1 rank?!?!)

Anyways, the one that was a +3 starting rank with greater affix → after master working with no 25% rolls on the greater affix never got to a level 4 rank after the 12 ranks of master work. So then that meant the greater affix was kind of wasted on the passive because a non greater affix 2 still became a +3 after no 25% rolls as well.

In season 3, Devouring Blaze by far and to make it even better you may want to pick the legendary node Burning Instinct. I have both in my build and monster come close with half health in a NMD 100. This thing melts mobs.

For season 4 you may want to use the new unique amulet which is amazing and put the glacial aspect everywhere you want as its necessary for blizzard does damage.

How do you fit blizzard skill with the conjuration amulet? Genuinely curious how it works and what you give up to fit in the skill points and action skill bar.

Separately, wished the burning would spread when touched near by enemies passively like in shared misery or something rather than needing a fireball chain reaction which would mean they are already dead to proc the fire spreading.

Slight digression, but my approach to the kiss-curse nature of Glass Cannon…I use it as a late-stage tuning parameter. Very convenient way to straight up trade dmg for glass…or vice versa.
Also Icy Touch can help make Blue Rose more impactful, especially for multi-element builds.

In fact you don’t need to expend any skill point in any conjuration because the amulet do it for you and it will spawn them anyway (it worked fine at least in the PTR). I put 3 points in lighting spear because i wanted everything CCed and 3 points in hydra because I wanted the burning effect too so the burning instinct legendary node did his work. Having frozen orb as both enchantment and core skill spawned dozen conjurations at same time. Sum it with blizzard + Glacial aspect and you have a killer sorc for any content.

My test build had 6 glyphs and I used 5 legendary paragon nodes (Icefall, Frigid Fate, Enchant Master, Elemental Summoner and Burning Instinct). They are nice multipliers. Much better than have 7 glyphs in a usual sorc build.

1 Like