Helltide feels like a horrible chore now, were cinders accidentally nerfed too hard?

I am running my druid who’s exceptionally fast and usually can accumulate upwards of 600 - 700 cinders per run without too much trouble.

After the patch, I was struggling to find cinders and only managed to collect about 390 before the event ended which is approx 40% less than before. Top this off with an increase to the chest cost from 175 to 250 means I could only get 1 Mystery and 1 random with the shards I collected which made the entire event feel like a job that I was doing poorly and only further deepened the feeling that this was not worth the time I’m putting into it.

“Patch Bad” is not my intention here but to highlight that the cinder drop rate has changed and the prices went up so the activity feels more like a chore now b/c I’m stressing about the damn cinders. I just want to run around and smash stuff like the casual I am. I have a job, this is supposed to be a fun time.

On top of that nonsense, they’ve eviscerated my claw build to the point where it feels generally bad to play but I think I can fix this by switching to tornado.

5 Likes

This is ridiculous, the drop rate is horrible ! Who freaking have the time to spend an hour just for a few loot ? We are not Utubers who play this games for a living ! Obviously, they nelf the game base on a few utubers opinions

1 Like

They admitted there was a problem with cinders……on the PC forum

2 Likes

Thanks.

I guess this highlights yet another problem. Hardware-specific forums??? why the heck can’t they just have ‘general’ and then post for us all? (no cohesive group who works together to address community issues)

Playing Xbox I tend not to visit the PC channels.

2 Likes

I am betting a lot of console players don’t visit the PC forums and vice versa

1 Like

I went from nearly 1200 cinders to struggling for 500 post patch. I’m not going anywhere near helltides until it’s gets fixed.

I noticed that those small spiders called “plagued creeper” that emerges from “Arachnid Horror” no longer drops cinders. Used to focus on those to collect lots of cinders before, but it didn’t work very well now. Yesterday I managed to open 6 mystery chests when there was a helltide in Kehjistan, but today I only got about 550 cinders in the same amount of time.

1 Like

Confirmed bug