Hellbent Commander - Why So Hard To Get?

It is all supposed to be RNG, but it is obvious the first few choices on the list dominate (INT/LIFE/ARMOR). The ones at the bottom are hard to get. Hellbent seems to be ridiculously hard.

I have literally tried 50 amulets and at least 600 mil in gold trying to get this with no success. Every once in a while I’ll get the other things close to it.

Blah!

Passives on amulets are just very rare and hard to enchant compared to pre-season 4. The only reason I got Hellbent Commander on my necro’s amulet is pure luck that it showed up before crit chance I originally wanted.

Which makes no sense as it is all supposed to be random…

Affixes like +max life and resistances are heavily weighted to show up. It’s not truly random that every affix has equal chance to roll.

1 Like

Oh I realize it is not random…my complaint.

Have the devs posted it is not supposed to be random anywhere?

There are also a lot of passives on the ammy that can show up.

I got luck to get a death embrance amulet (GA) with atack speed, and some useless affix.

Then i started roll (enchant), and i got +2 amplify damage skill…

i keep trying to get death embrance and hellbend commander together (since the option list on enchant npc, show it is possible), but the amount of gold for each roll is obscene…

1 Like

never enchant hoping for hellbent commander buddy, its astronomically unlikely to roll, save your gold! with 600mil you could have bought one on diablo.trade :frowning:

Blah…I do not really want to have to use third party services.

1 Like

They’re just super rare sadly. I’ve only seen 2 drop this whole season… a +1 that i’m still using, and a +2 that I bricked with tempers 2 minutes after getting it.
Got the +1 from gambling amulets with obols, the +2 dropped from Tormented Duriel solo.
Probably spent hundreds of millions re-rolling with no luck

they will be cheap in season 5 on diablo.trade as no one will be playing summoner :smiley:

So Summoner is truly not worth doing in S5?

i play summoner every season, if I cannot do pinnacle content I will go play last epoch. However I managed all pinnacle content in season 3 when minions were F tier, and “pure minion” was what we called it.

But yes minions look bad in season 5.

1 Like

Pure summoner will be okay. Shadow summoner, not much.

Let’s be honest. The only reasons summoner is going to do well is because of the curse aura, the broken ammy and great feast aspect. Otherwise, it would be sorely lacking.

If they fix the amulet, there’s going be a lot of not viable builds across all the classes.

all minion builds will have their 2hander go from having a 240%x to a 90%x modifier (so 150%x nerf to your weapon multi aspect), in no way will any of the changes make up for this unless you cobble together a build with lucion helm somehow as that’s broken. But I highly doubt that helm goes live.

In addition to this CDR will be hit with the fix to reaper upgrades and crit will be slightly hit with the nerf to grasping veins.

All minion builds with the current PTR balance will be massively nerfed, we just have to hope this doesn’t go live or minion builds are somehow buffed to compensate.

Have you ever known blizz to back out a nerf this big? I haven’t.

It’s going live and all we can do is try and find a way to cope with it.

honestly im not against the blighted nerf, it was really annoying having this requirement on every summoner build, if not every build as a necromancer.
I just hope they realize that with some of the bug fixes and nerfs to overpowered aspects they have accidently gutted summoner builds. I hope they realize this and compensate.

BTW I am pretty sure a hell of a lot of necro builds have received huge nerfs due to the PTR changes, its just I only play summoner builds.

I’m not convinced that is true. Nerfed, yes. Massively nerfed is a stretch. The sky is falling narrative is based on too many simplifications. Obviously these have to be made from time to time. Nevertheless, when too many are made theory begins to deviate so far from reality such that it breaks down and fails to accurately depict anything useful. Yes, I’m saying the preliminary claims for the impact are in this realm.

Let me put it this way… I have zero doubt minion setups will still easily be able to curbstomp the bulk of the content into the stone age for S5. They will not be bad. They simply won’t be as good. And they probably won’t be the best option for Pit pushing, which is utterly meaningless, or the Infernal Horde event, which is utterly meaningless squared.

Plus, this state is less about minion setups ending up worse. It’s more about certain hand-picked FoTM setups likely getting super buffed. In large part due to dumb uniques we saw on PTR. Stuff like Lucion (garbage concept) and Locran’s (also garbage concept). I do not believe the former works with minions and the CSC bonus from the latter certainly did not work with them on PTR.

The builds that will be in real trouble are shadow DoT setups. Since… eh, I’ll keep those thoughts to myself. :smiley:

lets hope the changes don’t go live, or everything is brought more inline.

But this is the problem as I see it.

• 2handed scythes are probably BIS for summon necro given the new changes to scythes and the fact you can essentially get 2x your best aspect on it at a cost of aspect slot starvation.

• weapon aspect slot goes from a 240x to a 90x (great feast) damage modifier. The reason I don’t see ppl putting unyielding commander for 200x is because of the changes to CDR. Now CDR counts down after its use, meaning you need to get so much CDR on gear to get it to bellow 7 seconds for it to be competitive with great feast. Obviously this includes all forms of CDR. The reason I would switch away from blighted (100x on a 2hander) is because you need frenzied dead to hit breakpoints, this leaves no space for curse aura aspect, which makes running great feast really hard. the knock on effects of these aspects on each other is quite extensive.

• reaper’s have been fixed, so no more 15% corpses + CDR from them

• Lucion looks like it would be really awkward to fit into the build due to how great feast works and resource starvation for spamming to keep lucion helm buff stacked. So one probably has to drop this aspect to run that helm.

• Other new overpowered uniques that don’t work well with minions

• huge buffs to bone spirit.

now buffs to other builds shouldn’t be considered a nerf to minions, I agree… but not when it comes to them balancing new pinnacle content around these new buffed builds. This means if you want to take part in these new end game activities and farm the best content you need to play builds that can do it.

Anyway, I am hopeful they don’t screw this up and we will see a solid minion option in season 5. Everything I have said is based on my experience on the PTR as well as seeing others use the new uniques as they were untestable for the casual player due to rarity.