Harlequin Crest +4 to All Skills Is Misleading

After months of grinding, 4 resplendent sparks, and 50 million gold I obtained a harlequin crest. What promised to be a game changer, turned out to be disappointing. It only adds +4 to active skills, not all skills. By definition anything on the skill tree is considered a skill, since you invest a skill point into that branch. Either fix the item, or make the wording appropriate for what the item actually does. This is a deal breaker for me. I have been a loyal Blizzard fan for years, Warcraft, Starcraft, WoW, Diablo 1, 2, 3, and 4. You often place game breaking items that are hard to obtain, and that is part of the fun. Don’t let me down.

1 Like

WTF right?

I thought it was +4 to ALL?

Glad I havent bothered with those stones now. That was probably theone and only uber or even unique I was interested in. I thought itd raise all those other passives I did’t have pts for…

So not only are “uniques” a common drop in D4, but at this point their all just more useless trash we get constantly.

So no longer a loot grinder, got it.

Sad :cold_sweat:

1 Like

I think it works as described.

I see that all of my skills have a +4 to them. Now - if I use the skill, I get the bonus. As described, to me, that sounds like it’s working fine.

Now, if i choose not to use the skill, I shouldn’t get the bonus. I don’t think it was the intention of the helm to give you access to all of the skills, whether you use them or not.

Unsure what I am missing from your critique.

Passives are not considered skills. Every word in the item description has a specific meaning that limits its interactions. Whether these things are all coded correctly is a different topic.

Yes, passives are not skills, they can’t be assigned to an action button. If every single node on the tree got +4 that would also be completely unbalanced as well.

Agree. That whole page is the “skill tree”, and anyone coming from D2 will be very familiar with “+x to all skills” — which historically has meant, you know, all skills. I.e., everything on the skill tree: active skills and passive skills.

It’s not a huge deal, still an excellent item, but I definitely misunderstood what it was — both based on the plain text of the item description and the historical precedent of what such items did in previous entries in the series.

1 Like

Sorry 100% disagree. A “passive skill” is still a “skill” and is available only by spending “skill” points on that branch of the “skill” tree.

A bonus for “All skills” should be ALL.

Or the wording should be changed to; all active skills, or all learned skills, or all non passive skills…

Bad enough “uniques” are just common drops making them FAR FROM unique… They should at least do what they are advertised as doing.

By passives do you mean passive SKILLs? Like the ones that are unlocked on the SKILL tree, using SKILL points?