Hard PC crashes since season 4 start

same here. Either before or after teleporting.

2 Likes

Just had my first teleport of the season and it crashed as well.

1 Like

happening since Season 2 for me, constant random reboots…so annoying…7 crashes in 2h already…

1 Like

I am running into this as well.

As others have reported, it seems to be right before/after a teleport.

1 Like

Least you can go back in. After first and last teleport I’m now unable to even start the game from launcher. Have performed a scan and fix and still same issue. Guess it’s back to Epoch 4 me.

Same thing. 6800XT and I’m hard crashing constantly. Seems to be when I change zones (either by portal or running). I play plenty of other games and have never crashed like this.

2 Likes

same for me, opened a ticket with support but no details about error code just general tips … I hope they will finally pass the ticket further as it is caused by recent patch as I never had issues before and my HW specs are more then enough

My game is crashing randomly whenever I open a tab, like the skills tab, sometimes it works other times the game breaks, and also always when the teleport exits.
It’s something this season, as I bought the game at launch and played it for a long time without any issues. My config: RTX 4060, Ryzen 3600G, 16GB RAM.

1 Like

Same here. Since yesterday (season 4 patch) i can barely play for 10 minutes without getting a bsod. It’s the game, because i can play any other game or work with heavy UE5 scenes smoothly, this is the only software causing this.

W11 23H2 and latest Nvidia drivers (552.44), i9 13900ks, rtx 4090, 64Gb DDR5 and nvme storage.

Please help because it’s annoying. This season looks good, i had fun the time i played but needing to reboot 4 times per hour isn’t acceptable.

Im having a very similar issue with a 6800xt…Complete BSOD.

Having crashing issues as well, RTX 4090. I tried disabling the frame generation, still happening. Random crashes in NM Dungeons sucks, totally resets the dungeon and you lose the key. Never had crash issues like this before.

Same here on 3080ti and 13900k. Random crashes every 5-10 Minutes resulting in a fenris error message.

Installed a 4070 super yesterday and was able to play for hours without issues with everything maxed, but today i crashed 9/10 times when starting the game and even after managing to reset the settings and turning off frame generation the game only manages 2 fps

From what I’m reading, I don’t think this ultimately has anything to do directly with frame gen.

You are running a 4090 for one thing. That should handle things fine, but there are some potential causes for your issue and many others:

I personally have a 12900k system, Z790 mobo, 32GB DDR5 5600, 4080 Super.

I have been running with everything at max settings at 1440p and 100FPS. Rock solid, no issues. But I had to make a change to get there.

I used to run a 3070Ti (8GB) before switching to the 4080S (16GB). Yours has 24GB so this may affect you as well.

Before I upgraded to the 4080S, I was running with my swap file disabled, yet carrying 1440p at 100FPS with the 3070Ti no problem. We had no ray tracing then either.

Then I upgraded at the end of January to the 4080S, which coincidentally also required a driver update.

The result, I was crashing on teleport and getting out of memory errors occasionally.

Then I enabled my swap file, and set both minimum and maximum to 16GB (16384).

Since then, rock solid. No issues, no crashes, nothing. And it ran like that before I had upgraded the video card and the driver, but due to the need for more virtual memory because the video card has more physical memory, your swap file needs to increase. In your case, I would set the min and max swap memory sizes to 24GB. (24576). You can use the post in this thread I had posted on earlier for the steps to change the setting.

This may help some of the rest of you as well. Won’t hurt anything to try it. You will need to restart the PC to apply the changes in some cases.

1 Like

Also having game and occasionally windows crashes when playing for >30 minutes. Year-old build, no other games or applications do this.

I disabled all of the ray tracing settings and turned off cross play. Have not had any crashes since then.

Crossplay in the past has been known to cause issues, but I haven’t been keeping in touch on anything recent so not sure if its still an issue or not, however mine remains disabled even now.

As for the Ray Tracing.

I was just on my fathers older laptop (i7, 16GB, 2060) and disabled Ray Tracing, lowered his settings to High, and using DLSS on Performance. Running a rock solid 75FPS. He is playing as I type.

I’m sure I will hear about any crashing or problems if he has any! lol

I’m running Ray Tracing on mine fully enabled all graphic settings to maximum, DLSS using DLAA, etc, along with frame gen. No issues so far.

Can confirm. The game does hard crash with a complete shutdown after the last patch. It’s done so about 4 times now, and the most recent happened a few minutes ago when I clicked the “Gauntlet” leaderboard icon while in town.

But it’s been crashing all over the place (at least 4 times) and it seems pretty random.

I can’t even load into the game. Twice now game has crashed on character creation. Games supposed to be optimized over time, Blizzard working in reverse.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.