Happy with a new Diablo game but

I kind of feel that blizzard needs to come up with new ideas and stories rather than sequels. Like don’t get me wrong… I’ll play Diablo 4. However, I feel that blizzard needs to innovate more and come up with totally new IP’s for action rpgs and rts.

With that being said, I’m happy to play a new Diablo game, but just hope blizzard comes up with something new in the future.

Pretty sure they are working on some sort of survival game? Not 100% sure

Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

2 Likes

I disagree in the sense that it’s great to continue developing a setting or IP, as long as it’s solid development. However, there needs to be new titles in different genres or some actual innovation if it’s in the same genre.

The lead who took over after Jay Wilson was fired reportedly started developing a 3rd person back and slash similar to a Souls game set in the Diablo universe. I would kill for something like that.

4 Likes

They are working on a new survival IP. Might be some info about it at Blizzcon this fall.

New IPs are a risk and big corporations are often very risk averse. Diablo 4 is a sure thing. This new IP may or may not do well.

1 Like

New IPs flop, sequels are the only things gamers are buying anymore

Diablo 4 is an innovation with the persistent open world.

They’ve very much followed the world of warcraft route.

Minor gameplay changes and an ongoing story in a persistently established lore.

Seems to be Blizzards forte.

Creating something new is a lot of work. You have to create the universe, write the lore, develop the characters, come up with a story… Creating a new franchise is a wonderful thing, but it has to become a franchise in order to truly profit from it. It’s not like there’s never going to be another Elden Ring. They never intended for there to be a single Mass Effect. Creating something “new” is groundwork to exploit later. They already have the Diablo universe, they’re going to use it for as long as they can.

I heard they could make fps StarCraft or smth like that. Anyway ActiBlizz just gonna screw their games so i don’t think its matter what they creating

Diablo 5 - The Space Chronicles :alien:

As long as people would buy a rock with Diablo written on it as long as it is sold by Blizzard nothing will change. Sadly the industry as a whole isn’t that innovative at all.

1 Like

What? Have been amazing new ips in the past few years and for a lot less then $70.

Facts true truth real

Their latest IP is Overwatch and it’s dead at this point