Greater Affixes need to be removed while Tempering exists

Tempering needs to stop making us waste items. Main reason I would never trade an item for gold, cuz Tempering has at least 80% chance of breaking it.

When you finally find a good item with 2 out of 3 affixes, one or two of them as Greater Affixes, just salvage it, it will hurt less then trying to Temper it, cuz you will most probably break it.

So many times in the past few days I’ve broken items that would improve my characters. I’m quite sick of it. So, might as well remove Greater Affixes, cuz one has to be quite lucky to get the proper Temper rolls on them.

Scenarios on items with Greater Affixes:

1: You break the item with two useless tempers
2: You break the item with one useless temper
3: You get very low, or lowest Temper rolls possible on the item with Greater Affixes
4: You get ok rolls on the item but you have a non-GA item with amazing rolls

The probability to get great to perfect rolls, or at least, as good or better rolls as you currently have, are so slim. It’s just frustrating. And 2 months into the season, they still did not fix that.

It’s not better in the Season 5 PTR. So, we’ll be a few months with that problem. Might as well remove Greater Affixes.

1 Like

The dictionary defines the informal use of brick as

INFORMAL

cause (a smartphone or other electronic device) to become completely unable to function, typically on a permanent basis.

So I think the usage of brick for gear in a video game is probably also acceptable

5 Likes

Oh man, the arrogance

As the person above stated. “Brick” is the proper term for making the item unusable for your build

[Greater Affixes need to be removed while Tempering exists]

Since this is clearly a trollpost i will just throw in:

No thanks! Cu S5!

1 Like

This is the US forums. The vast majority of people speak English as their only language. Words often have more than one meaning and informal usages of words make their way in to common usage and get added to the dictionary, for example the word brick.

3 Likes

"to become completely unable to function, typically on a permanent basis.
“installing an unofficial OS voids the warranty and may brick the phone”

Yes, it is predictable that if you come in hot, and wrong, people will call you out.

Turn down the arrogance next time, and see how it goes.

‘Brick’ing aside, let me know when they implement this. I’ll give you a :cookie: straight up from Crumblcookie. If you don’t know what that is Google it.

Until that time I’ll be waiting, kind of, sort of, well not really. Good luck either way.

Or people that get upset how people use a word. i.e. you.

Im not the least bit upset though.

Woke, lol. Go cry to Jordan Peterson.

What next? Crying that you are being “canceled” because you dont know the difference between canceled and criticized.

Sheesh you are soft. Can’t handle tempering and now can’t handle the definition of words. And I thought woke people were supposed to be the weak ones.

1 Like

To an extent I sadly agree with this. I’ve found 3GA Weapons better than mine and it’s more valuable to get the 12-20 Billion of gold in a trade than to brick the item. I’ve also bricked multiple 2GA items that I’ve paid 5-6 Billion gold for. Even if I could pick the temper and just be sad by a low roll due to RNG, it wouldn’t be as devastating as it currently is. Didn’t mind this in the beginning, but the more I put effort in for the best gear I could get, putting so much effort to break it just kills the fun for a few days.

Or you wont and your incomplete item is now complete and an upgrade.

As they are supposed to be. This is an arpg, you’re not supposed to have BIS in 8 hours.

Why so credit card warriors can spend less money? The system is fine but the entitled attitudes are not.

A phone become unable to function, that means it used to function.
An item starts with no tempers. Does that mean it starts bricked? If you fail to get the tempers u want, how does it brick if you never had it “working” for you.

Bricking means you ruin the item, you cant ruin something that never had the temper you wanted to begin with. You can say u ruined the base item, but you never ruined a completed item.

I think you might be taking this thread a little too seriously.