Silent Chests still appear in the world as having chains on them still which implies they require a key. The keys were removed from the game. Can you please update the graphic so that it does not imply it requires a key because if one looks for the key that it implies exists one will never find it?
The key is your Obols.
Yes, it costs Obols to open them now. Not sure in PTR/S14, but if you’re out of Obols in S13, you can’t open them.
Please replace the chains and lock with a coin slot and pull lever to more appropriately match the mechanics 0.o
And place a golden knight icon above it so there’s more of a Vegas feel about the whole thing
Is there any indication of this? Like an icon I missed?
It was in the patch notes before the expansion iirc.
No icon afaik. I think it’s nominal, like 10 Obols. I recall being unable to open one at the start of this season, then remembered “oops, didn’t buy any keys”. So I went back to town and found they removed the keys!
…then I realized I had 0 Obols anyways.
I must have missed it. That’s on me if it’s there.
Yeah, this is about how I found out; I realized I didn’t have a key and then just randomly tried it and it opened. I must have had obols and just incorrectly assumed they removed the entire lock system.
That should be No. 1 to fix so new players wont get confused.
I remember a quest in Guild Wars 2. Player had to catch fish and give it to bears to feed them.
You had to use the fish with the bear. That was totally overwhelming new players so the devs changed it. Now you just click on the bear and it automatically feeds it with fish.
![]()