GPU with high temperature and power

I honestly don’t think that will happen until they recognize the problem, and they won’t recognize it because they don’t know how to fix it.

I think you are referring to the VRAM problem, which they did recognize because it affects consoles, and which they supposedly finished repairing with next patch (which will not happen either).

I just want them to recognize the problem, since they are selling a defective product, and they don’t know how to fix it, that’s obvious.

I’d rather have them fix the vendor/inventory gpu usage “bug”… it’s really annoying having the fans spin up and down when opening/closing.

Here we go!!!

They are already beginning to unify post, without any response to them.
Does this remind me of something? :disguised_face:

3 Likes

Just tested with 1.1.1. Obviously… nothing changed :wink:

1 Like

Same here.

If they don’t recognize the problem, there is no such problem.

Nothing has changed and nothing is going to change because they don’t know how to fix it, that’s why they don’t recognize it.

i have solution! Started Play Baldur s Gate. F*** Blizzard.

4 Likes

Came here looking to see if it was worse for anyone after todays patch. Seemed fine earlier but now it’s way worse. At launch and up until the big nerf patch I only had problems in town. Even without vendor open my GPU fans would go nuts. If I tab out of game they would spin down and I would go on with the next dungeon and it was fine until again I went back to town.

Since the big nerf patch it started doing it in town and also the end of dungeons with the big bubble.

Since todays patch it’s waaaaaaaaay worse. It happens in town. It happens at the end of dungeons. It happens in the middle of doing dungeons. Not only is it happening in more places but my fans are spinning up way harder. I don’t know wtf the devs are doing but every patch it gets worse. I have a top end system. Brand new. Everything up to date. No problems in any other game

i9 13900
32 gbs ddr5 6400
4090 MSI
M.2 samsung pro
49" Samsung Neo G9 Super Ultrawide

My system is not crashing and I never had problems since launch other than whats mentioned and occasional rubberbanding but not often. Now my fans go absolutely bonkers and I get stutters. Revert whatever the hell you guys changed please. I am not going to blow up my brand new 7k setup just to play this mediocre game.

1 Like

It’s just gonna take another 6 months, don’t you worry :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Remember this:

They will never fix it, time will prove me right…

You playing in 1080p, 1440p or 4k?

It would be 1440 I guess. 5120x1440. I mean, it shouldn’t make a difference. I was fine until these last two big patches. Their performances fixes have generally made my performance worse each time.

I fixed this. Game turned back on nvidia reflex. I shut it back off. I still get spikes in town but always have. Rest has gone away.

The new patch didn’t fix anything.
It may be that your problem was solved, but the problem I am talking about has been there since day one and continues after this patch, nothing has changed.

I guess it wasn’t the same problem.

I didn’t say the patch fixed anything. I said I fixed part of the problem I was having. Still have the in town problem but out of town problem was fine after I figured it out. What happened to me is the game turned Nvidia Reflex back on. I had shut it off at launch as it drives your system harder for really no gain. Turning it back off solved my problem of heat and my fans running like crazy everywhere. Now I am back to fans are running like crazy just in town.

1 Like

just commenting here so I can follow progress on the issue again. I checked into the old thread to find it closed :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here… i9 12900k and RTX 3090
When I was in dungeons everything looks fine I mean RPM on my graphics card and temp. When I finish it and goes to vendor to sell items then Voltage from 240 jump in to 340, temp from 56 jump to 65 and RMP from 1200-1300 goes to 2900 I said to myself what the hell is going on… Jet flying by my house or what? Then I realize the problem is here… I dont know what Blizzard is doing but if they want to brick someones hardware they are on the good way. I think I’ll stop playing this technical crap until they fix this problem

I hope some Dev will answer in this topic because playing this game in this way is dangerous for our hardware

Its a know problem and a lot of people have it. Blizzard dont confirm it for some reason. They closed few posts with thousands of views and comments.

I can basically run Ultra no issue, steady temp, steady FPS but when I open some 2 pixel inventory tab the machine acts like its put on a stress test on top of minin crypto and rendering an iceberg.

They will tell you the game cannot break your hardware, which is true, but it can put it to work in an excessive way, which overtime will leave its mark. A working hardware have its build in protections, which for example is the reason i get thrown out of the game when the temp reaches 98, this happens around 3 minutes of open inventory, otherwise i have steady 52 at all times and settings.

They will probably fix it in time, but until then consider not risking it.

1 Like

17 days and we are still the same, no response from Blizzard.
Would they already discover how to turn on the computer?

Because it’s a ridiculous complaint. Just like the rtx 3050 can’t deliver 144fps in 4k. All these parameters like fps, fan speed, noise, heat dissipation, etc all depend on your hardware and what mode and conditions it is running in. It doesn’t depend on the game, it depends on you.

Here’s an answer that was given a long time ago. All you can ask them why such a large load, and the answer is that the game has settings that you can reduce to get the desired result.

I foresee a complaint of incompetence.
If you think they are so incompetent that they can’t find this phenomenon. Then it shouldn’t surprise you that the rest of the staff can’t find your forum post. Maybe they can’t find their workplace at all and are just getting paid for nothing.

Any news here? Or do we keep waiting another two months?

If you paid a real developer maybe they could fix it, just think about it.