Going to buy a controller today!

Going to buy controller in a few hours.
EZ vote

1. Xbox series X - cheapest one
  2. PS4 controller

Which is more ergonomic for long time play ?

PS4 vote from me, always prefered PS controller over Xbox. :beers:

Never played console more than an hour or two at the time, but PS controller feels so much better in my hands.

1 Like

i have xbox gamepad it works fine with D4 also works nicely in Forza and NFS games. Cant comment on PS4 never tryied but i would fear the compability.

I’ve done both, it’s almost a tossup to me. For PC I’ve been using X-Box and it’s fine. I don’t use a bluetooth controller though. I don’t want the increased latency.

They are both fine. It will ultimately come down to the layout you prefer.

1. PS5 controller.
1 Like

It’s also most comfortable for the tendons of the hands/wrist. If that’s impaired then yeah.

1 Like

You need to be double jointed to hit the shoulder buttons on an Xbox controller. Never understood it. I don’t know about PS5

1 Like

I have both an XBOX Elite Series 2 and a PS DualSense Edge and their both great controllers so as someone else pointed out it comes down to personal preference. If I had to choose though it’d be my XBOX controller.

you are holding it wrong.

as others have stated also. but i have a PS dual edge sense and Xbox Elite 1 and i am always grabbing my Xbox controller. I “personally” would suggest the XBOX over the PS, the ergonomics are much nicer.

And correct me if im wrong, but i believe my PS controller only has 2 rear customizable bumpers where as the XBOX can have 4 individual rear bumpers.

I plan on mapping my skills to those rear bumpers or some sort of combo of bumpers and buttons.

Bought my XBOX Elite 1 as a refurbished model from Gamestop and it has lasted about 4 years so far, just had to replace the palm pads from the grippy peeling up which is a con for a lot of people but I just see it as maintenance when I use the thing for thousand of hours.

1 Like

I prefer PlayStation controller but for pc the Xbox controller is the superior way, no compatibility problems.

1 Like

since the game lacks the requirement for all buttons on a ps controller, go SNES! the SNES controller has enough buttons and its fun to hold.

1 Like

PS5 gamepad feels the best. Between PS4 and Xbox - not sure. Both are meh compared to PS5, tbh.

1 Like

I feel so old, i’m literally almost unwilling to even try to use a controller on my pc just on the morale ground of PC is keyboard mouse lol, I wish I would have tried it in the beta… I do have ps4/5 controllers around but I feel like trying to learn them at launch is a recipe for disaster at this point!

Nah, I’m 71 and you get used to it pretty fast.
I switch between the two, there’s about 2 minutes of “oh yeah” kind of muscle memory.

1 Like

Don’t get PS controllers, they’re not compatible

I have a PS5 one and didn’t work so had to buy another, MSI PC & Android Controller to be more exact (don’t ask, don’t know why there’s that option :smiley: )

PS4 ds4 much more durable. All new gen controllers are trash. They end up with joystick drag or buttons just not working way too often. Neither of my original 2 PS4 controllers from original PS4 release have issues. I’m on my 4th PS5 and 3rd Xbox series x controller.

If you want to go Xbox for compatibility (which is what I’m doing) buy a cheaper $30-40 version… They honestly last longer, have more features and cost 40-50% of the price.

Long time Diablo console player. What kills me about controllers is that after numerous hours of play, they develop stick drift. I don’t want to buy a $30 controller every 3 months or a $60 controller every 6 months, or a $150 controller every year or two. Rather buy a $6-$15 dollar mouse every few years. If my razer Tartarus craps out I’ll consider a controller as I hate the staggered keys on a regular keyboard. But be ready for going controller to be an additional cost over the years.

1 Like

As someone who just sent the ps4 controller back to the living room… xbox. It just works with windows because its Microsoft.

3 Likes