Gohr's Devastating Grips nerf -- SERIOUSLY?

I haven’t even gotten to the point where I can use Whirlwind and you’ve already nerfed the build into the ground.

Are you kidding me, man?
Am I really going to be forced into a reroll on like day 3 after paying you jabronis 90 dollars? Holy SH*T

16 Likes

well i guess people will just move on to the next big thing and then blizzard will nerf that into the ground before most people get a chance to even try it. just keep on gutting everything. great strategy. sure to keep your base around but youve already got their money so who cares right?

they’ve already gutted the hydra sorc, the necromancer and now the ww barb., next up, its time to kill the druid! lets not allow anybody to have fun around here.

10 Likes

What nerf, when?

Rerolling is devastating in D4. You completley start off with total fog of war. All renown reset besides lower row (which, if you didn’t finish all of them including the paragon, you need to farm it ALL OVER again to get back to where you were, in order to continue toward the 5 panel with the paragon points)

It’s very very bad for alts right now. Since everything you get, legendary wise, on the first character is for that class, you don’t have anything to give the new alt. Which was something D2 did well to give alts a break.

I trashed barb at 51 because it was so slow outside of groups and I play only solo. Now rolling sorc, but I’m just staring at the screan at the daunting task of doing EVERYTHING OVER AGAIN. This needs to be reworked BIG TIME.

13 Likes

What is the nerf? What is OP talking about. Why are OPs like this where they provide no background information on things and just start talking as if everyone knows some new thing? Why?

5 Likes

Not going to give up on my barb yet, but it’s disappointing that they nerf this item so soon before most players even get a chance to try it.

5 Likes

This

And I’m not sure how I feel about it. Kind of don’t like how anything can change at any moment as if this were World of Warcraft. I’m used to Diablo (single player games) being closer to you get what you paid for, not hot fixing every strong build, or quest bug, etc.

I’m playing a Twisting Blades rogue and now I am starting to wonder if my class will be next with the Bladedancer’s Aspect.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see how everything plays out until Blizzard is satisfied with balance.

5 Likes

Very bad that they didn’t do this before launch. This was extremely well known. I was begging them to nerf it but only do it before people invest hundreds of hours. Of course they do it now. Unreal. That spoils what was a great launch. No point in WW now. And with very little carry over, and class specific smart loot, rolling a new class is awful.

5 Likes

Is the build total trash without it? Feeling same boat i invested this time in barb to have sweet WW build but now was it a waste of freaking time???

3 Likes

Min maxers that fiddle and fidgit and find these things and then howl with indignation when the developer makes obviously needed corrections are so funny. You would think for a moment they could stop and just actually play the game and enjoy it as a whole?

7 Likes

Nerf implies it’s still in the game, they disabled it homie.

I was thinking before this game night give ggg a run even with Poe 2. But it’s very clear they have no idea what they are doing balance wise.

They have “hotfix” several class defining abilities and items and the game hasn’t even launched yet.

What I want to know is, what the heck was going on in beta that these needed to be hotfixed ? Hell barbarians lost an ENTIRE affix.

My guess, the balance team is balancing based on what twitch streams hype up as the next godly build or items.

7 Likes

Ugh c’mon. And now a best in slow item for the build im shooting isnt even active or working. Can anyone tell me if Whirlwind is still good without it? Depending how long it takes them to give it back and whether or not they over nerf it which they seem to have a bad track record with, my plans might totally be shot.

Im running Hota now as I near the end of the campaign and was going to switch to whirlwind soon.

You better get this right Blizzard. Whirlwind is a favorite of many and it should be powerful. Give it back soon and still worth using please!

1 Like

You’re blaming the players for the devs not testing their game properly? The players are the reason why they needed to completely remove an affix from an item? Add an internal cooldown to rogue abilities ? Disable items?

Do they mail you polish to shine that white suit of armor ser knight?

4 Likes

Im sorry I couldn’t help myself but to laugh, listen OP this type of issue is largely because of streamers showing everyone this type of stuff.

One could argue streamers are giga snitches.

2 Likes

If you roll fotm because single item is broken then you absolutely got what you deserved

8 Likes

I rolled whirlwind because I like spin to win but i’m extremely annoyed and disappointed that my first unique item i got was this and its disabled already. Big L.

5 Likes

raxx is gonna be pissed

4 Likes

You got you mount…my hardcore mount Quest unlocked the mount in every mode on level 1 characters.

Minimum you can skip faster the empty map thanks to mount.

Spin to L now, no more billion dmg crits for you XD.

1 Like

Is there a polite way to say this is an awful take?

Your alt can inherit over 100 codex aspects, the materials to actually craft them, stat points from statues, 6 extra potions, and 10 skill points.

None of that even includes all of the powerful item affixes they can get if you decide to hand down items.

2 Likes

calm down, i played WW since the start on T2. now i’m T3 level 51 still blasting. it was warranted

people like OP want this to be D3 doing quadrillion damage lol. you don’t even need the gloves to play WW

1 Like