Glyph Exp Buff Needed for S4

925 drops will be in all endgame content and we will have many activities to focus on endgame (The Pits and seasonal content leveling mostly but also Helltides, boss mat farming, bosses, etc) I feel there needs to be a decently high glyph experience buff for nightmare dungeons. A flat 25%+ buff to glyph exp would be ideal IMO and presumably should require very little dev effort to implement. Even being able to craft an elixir for an extra 10% glyph exp would be fantastic. 25-35% should speed it up enough where you aren’t grinding it for hours post 100 but still keep the process of leveling glyphs essential and fun.

Implementing this change for S4 would be the icing on the cake and I urge Blizzard to consider it. Less time in NMDs = more time doing everything else = more fun.

3 Likes

you just pointed out they are making the game easier and everyone will have 925 gear no problems, then you want them to make it even easier with a glyph xp buff? no thanks.

7 Likes

Adam had mentioned they had a glyph exp thing in the works, didn’t give any details though, so we’ll just have to see.

2 Likes

They will always consider the outcome which you don’t do enough NMD and come back complaining nothing to do in the game. As eventually you will find that everything else is same and less fun.

There’s nothing difficult with grinding glyph XP. It’s just boooorrrinnngg.

9 Likes

it isnt boring. grinding is part of arpgs. if you dont like grinding, d3 is right around the corner

2 Likes

D3 has far worse grinding. Those gems are insane.

Everyone knows grinding is part of the game: for gear and crafting. This extra layer is dumb.

2 Likes

As far as i know they have something up their sleeves for glyphs on s4. Personally, i considered the pace in s3 with the vaults extremely fast.

3 Likes

They are already buffing the glyph exp in S4, I don’t know how much, but it’s already happening. I think it suxx, they are making this game way too easy. Before we could finish out a season in a week and with all the new easier things it will be even faster. :frowning:

1 Like

I hope the seasonal theme will have glyph xp, like season 3 had… would be cool not having to do the horrible NMD’s.

I hope the Pit is like AoZ where we get 1000 glyph xp for one run that’s 5 minutes long. What people complaining about glyph really want is to be level 50 with all glyph at 21.

The problem is that nightmare dungeons suck. That’s why we keep seeing all these threads about glyph xp… because people don’t want to do nightmare dungeons.

Nightmare dungeons need a change. The affixes on sigils don’t make them harder, they make them more annoying. Even if that gets fixed, it won’t change that leveling glyphs in nightmare dungeons is unsatisfying and feels like an excessive time sink.

I don’t have a good idea to make them more satisfying. In the absence of a good idea, maybe this:

Take the loot out of NMDs. Don’t slow us down with annoying errands (retrieve stone, place in altar, wash/rinse/repeat). If NMDs are just about glyph xp, then make them just about glyph xp until blizzard finds a way to make them not suck. Take the affixes off the sigils. They are not interesting, they are annoying.

4 Likes

you dont get any glyph xp in pit

1 Like

Boss Mechanics.

That is the single focus Blizzard should have as it relates to gameplay. Make Bosses not be a pushover and have varied and fun mechanics. There is so much that can be done that isn’t. This is probably the one area where Lost Ark shined (until Vykas and Kakul Saydon). Granted there is no such thing as Counter-Attacks, Weak Point, or functional Stagger nor are there consumables, so, might be more shallow but that is okay as long as it is done well.

Agreed on NMDs should never have back-tracking. They could have different objectives you can run, but right now does suck. Everquest LDoNs were probably a better representation of this. Most Negative Affixes are very stupid also. Having additional challenges could be good, but slowing down gameplay or basically have it to where the “tactic” is to just always be moving, dodge away, or kill Blisters/Portals is uh, lame.

2 Likes

Nightmares definitely need to be more linear and or interesting, sigils just isn’t it.

Every single sigil that spawns something in is auto delete for me because it wastes my time. It should not be like this.

I’m all for sigils but they need to be fun and interesting.

They shouldn’t keep Glyph XP exlusive, have some Glyph XP shards drop from events elsewhere but provide a lesser Glyph XP amount

I would be fine with glyphs being account bound, instead of character bound. That would help fix the problem for alts anyway. I have leveled 6 characters to 100 this season and getting all the glyphs to 21 that each uses is definitely a chore. AoZ was great for glyph xp, but again, would be perfect if it they were just account bound.

I rather wish they change glyph xp to something u get for more content not just nmd. Why trying to keep nmds alive when they not that fun anymore compared to other activities.

Dont force us to do them, or if u really want this stupid mechanic, make nmds great with a lot more awesomness, 100reds of different events, that includes no combat events too. (all optional ofcourse). Levels that leave much more room for surprises and hidden stuff. not just, hey we icreased its xp rewards, but levels are still boring as hell.

Ya’ll need to find another game to play. I truly mean that.

3 Likes

Playing other games instead of this one doesn’t mean that I don’t want this one to become better. Speaking up about things that bother you is the only way those things will get looked at and possibly changed. People just want those changes to make the game better, because leaving it as it is, will cause people to leave and not return.

A poster above said all arpgs have grinding, it’s part of the game, and I disagree with that statement. “Grinding” is when you have to get through a slog of boring content or “do chores” in order to do or get something you want. Games that have that are bad games. What arpgs do all have is repetition. The good ones “hide”, or “mitigate” that repetition in various ways, so it feels less like a chore or grinding, and more of a fun and enjoyable experience. DIV does not do that, and puts the repetition out there, with little to no attempts at making the experience enjoyable.

Myself, I think this rush for XP is dumb, however I also think the leveling process of Glyphs is abysmal. Glyphs are just one example of how the game was poorly designed, both the glyphs themselves, and the way they are “leveled up”. Micro growth is not that enjoyable, and glyph leveling is an extreme example of micro growth. Glyphs need far fewer, and more impactful levels, and to have far fewer “set in stone” attributes (mainly because there are so few glyphs to choose from).

The cure is not to make glyph leveling faster. The cure is to make glyphs better, and the experience leveling them more fun. Fixing dungeons as a whole would be a large step in that direction.