Glacial Aspect not working

I’ve been using blizzard with the Glacial Aspect for quite some time now then all of a sudden it just quit. No more animation, no extra damage…nothing. I re-equipped all my gear, changed the item that had glacial aspect to a different one, re-equipped my gear piece by piece. It won’t spawn ice spikes. I haven’t changed anything on my character that would have caused this. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

same error here, fix this

Same here, also put in a bug report and no response. Blizzard fix this!!!

It is also broken for me. No glacial spikes coming out of the ground at all. Enchanted an entirely different item with the glacial aspect and it still did not work. Stripped naked with just staff and still not working.

Sorcs are so buggy… this now and the fact we get teleported to where people are if they decided to run ahead while we were finish off rooms while they kill boss Zzzzz

f i x g l a c i a l a s p e c t

not working anymore for my sorceress as well (glacial + frozen tundra on a blizz build)

Idk, it looks like the explosions are still there, the small ones and they do damage, if you use low fx the explosions don’t even show, but the radius of the explosion doesn’t increase with frozen tundra, and as far as I can tell neither does the damage, definitely a bad bug for everyone that uses blizzard with these aspects.

patch 1.1.4 and still not working

1 Like

I have the same issue. When using the glacial aspect I do not see ice spikes and I do not notice any extra damage. Tried with and without frozen tundra and it makes no difference…
Using a different character until this is addressed…

1 Like

Found out spikes return visible when disabling the option reduced strobing in the accessibility setting.

This was a nice find Tamar. I was having the same problem. I made the adjustment and now magically they appear. This really is a bug though because I shouldn’t have to disable the strobing option to make spikes appear.

IceSpikes is a enabled via an aspect called Glacial and it is the primary damage source of a blizzard build. Without it visually showing, players will think there is something broken with the build. Showing ice spikes has nothing to do with accessibility or strobing.

or not a bug and its intentional as an accessibility option?

Why would showing a skill actually working have anything to do accessibility?

Why show any skill working for that matter? For example, Why dont we make the flamethrower/incinerate be invisible? Because that is what was happening with the icespikes. They were visible between s0 and s2, then they disappeared at some point after that, and i had to uncheck the strobing option to make them reappear in s3 when i flipped back to blizz build.

Its a fundamental design principle to make visible actions a user performed so they understand status.

its working fine to me and i can see the spikes. Checkout your in game graphics configuration.