Give me Carry, a discourse on carrying players

So, before the game booted my sorry corpse out of sanctuary today, I had a rather entertaining whisper,

“Give me carry”

Now, I know this is usually something that’s shrugged at, and sometimes people do carry along people, however when it’s stated “give” and not “are you able to carry”, it tends to be read, ignored followed by a whisper of “carry?”.

Personally I was already busy with helping my partner with questing and smashing for shinies.

How do the rest of you handle these? Case by case? Batch throw into the hell furnace?

I just turned off most of the social features, they are half heartedly implemented anyway and the few that do exist are going to be a marketplace for trolls and harassment, something I think Blizzard has learned over the years.

By design this game, despite its mmo online open world, its surprisingly pushing everyone to single player which seems so contradictory. There isn’t even the simplest of group or dungeon finder tools, a huge step back in terms of basic quality of life features in a diablo game, so either Blizzard are just way behind in feature development or they genuinely want to hard limit their player bases ability to group up and to focus on solo play or friends only play, which seems more likely given the very limited social communication options that they provide…