Give Decrepit Aura Back

Sadly, this malignant heart power did not stick around past S1 despite being just as good as The Sacrilegious power. Would be nice to see it return as an aspect perhaps since it was a quintessential to certain Necro builds.

Was very fun to synergize with the Craven Aspect as Necro could finally hit top speed while retaining easy, no hassle access to Decrepify utility in the form of CDR, Stuns, and Weaken. Really functioned well with Shadow despite the eye sore Blight was…

1 Like

my issue is aspect slots. you only really have 2-3 free aspects if you play pure summoner with AotD, even less if you choose bonestorm.

And out of those 2-3 you need to make some kind of synergy or build uniqueness. In my case thats the aspect to add blight to bone prison, and the aspect to pull monsters into blight… leaving me with 1 optional aspect LOL

And that’s with no uniques…

They need to either cut down how many mandatory aspects are needed for some builds, or combine aspects alternatively just give us more aspect slots like with barbs. Maybe change up book of the dead to allow us to apply minion aspects to that or something unique.

3 Likes

Ya perhaps having two playstyles on Decrepify would be nice, one which can be stand-casted and another which is a toggleable aura (even though I preferred the auto aura from before which allowed more slots for other damage and utility skills). Either way, it has been missed for certain. :cry:

Decrepit Aura was OP! I built Infinimist into Blood Surge lol! I was not surprised they decided not to bring that back, and plus Mother’s Embrace drops was broken for season 2 which meant that Blood Surge had lost a unique to play around with.

https://youtu.be/orV60p2S3Qs?feature=shared&t=1080

Not too convinced that build is OP. Might be fun and synergistic, but at NM 46 with lvl 100 mobs, you aren’t devastating rooms like Bone Spear.

I definitely think it helps benefit Blood, Minion, and Darkness builds better compete and feels fun (mobility wise particularly), so for that reason, Decrepit Aura def needs to return in some fashion.

Well…

1. You’re looking back at the past. Hindsight is 20/20. It’s easy to look back and say that was weak or whatnot but you’re not considering that we’re currently at Season 3 where changes to the skills, new items, and balance of the game itself have dramatically affected things.
  2. The build (Blood Surge) has been iterated on countless times and as of this season, it currently looks like this. It’s from the #1 player on leaderboard from last week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dqOaXH7Xwo
  1. In my video, look at how Decrepit Aura was resetting Blood Mist and to a lesser extent Bone Storm. Decrepify wasn’t even on my bar. I could never die, and I was also moving fast with +3 evade charges and +move speed while unstoppable. THAT’S the overpowered part of it. That’s also part of why Decrepit Aura can’t come back.
  2. Topic of the video is hitting level 100 so by default the items/paragon/etc was not finished or developed enough to do t100. Plus t100 back in season 1 is different than it is in season 3. The monster HP rebalancing happened after season 1. Resists weren’t even stacked back then.
  3. Season 3’s vampiric aspects and to an extent Season 2’s Blood Moon Breeches sorta brings back those benefits (and more) anyhow.

Blood surge IS the way to Go in the gauntlet cause IT Had the best shrine synergy, Not because the Skill itself IS so good, thats the only reason IT IS Played…

It’s at rank 1, bro. Doesn’t matter why. The leaderboard says #1, so that’s what it is.

And i told you why…btw i dont See your Name in the top 100…what makes you think to BE qualified to Talk about Something Like this…Put Up a Score…If you can…If you cant crack top100 there IS No need to Take you seriously…

It doesn’t matter. Quite literally. The leaderboard is official, operated and sanctioned by Blizzard. The #1 player used the Blood Surge build. It is THE best. End of story. Now if another build becomes top in another week or another season, then we’ll call that one #1. Until that time comes…

There’s no need to take YOU seriously NOW. Deal with that before you start coming on here talking about ranked LOL!

Put Up a Score…or ask Kate beckinsale to do IT for you…i guess her chances are better than yours…either way Put Up a score

1 Like

I don’t need to put up a score because your very challenge is nonsensical. We are talking about which build is top or not top. Blood Surge is top. It’s literally #1. You cannot fight that in any way, and no matter what score I put up (I’m Sorcerer this season btw) does not change things. Just accept it and move on. No need to get worked up over why Surge is currently the best at this point this season. It’s just the way it is.

It’s like, I say, the sky is blue. You’re all like, “come fight me, I beat you so if I beat you, the sky isn’t blue and you can’t say it is”. No. That’s not how it works. The sky is blue because that’s what it is. Now obviously the topic of what color the sky is, is a totally different one, but you get the point.

I dont See you on the sorc Board either…you know thats the Beauty of the gauntlet, skillless Wannabes get Exposed…you are all excuses, No substance/Skill…Put Up a score

I don’t see you on the board either because we don’t know what your battle tag is nor do we know what character or build you are playing. All you’ve been doing is telling MrCute512 what your rank is but there’s no way any of us can verify that.

So before you start coming up to my face talking about skill less and no score you had better prove yourself. And even then it’s pointless because you’re trying to argue against a fact. Me doing a gauntlet run doesn’t change whether Surge is or is not #1. It IS #1. Just because your trash build isn’t doesn’t mean Surge isn’t #1.

Put Up a Score…Mine IS clearly visible… Same Name…Put Up Score, dont Come at me with excuses…Just Put Up a Score…ITS Not hard… Iridium IS also there, Same Name…but wukong IS nowhere to BE found…Put Up a Score

I don’t need to do a damn thing. I have nothing to prove to anyone. The fact that you’re even coming at me is hilarious! You’re so insecure about Blood Surge that you’re going around trying to challenge other people to scores. Well Surge is rank #1 without a doubt no matter what you say, guy. Nobody cares what you think.

Surge IS one…but i told you why IT IS…the Point IS you make a Claim about IT Being the best build Without knowing why, cause you didnt try IT yourself, you are a sorc AS you Said…then someone Like me comes around, sitting comfortably in the top 30 WHO tells you why and you try to keep your delusional Fake Argument alive…Dude, honestly…Put Up Score…you dont know what you are talking about, AS usual…Put Up a Score

What i am waiting for IS you trying to Tell US, vega stole your build ideas to achieve top Score…

And I told you that nobody cares.

No. I’m saying that, ON THE ACTUAL BOARD, the #1 ranked player PLAYED THAT BUILD. It is NUMBER ONE, NOTHING YOU SAY OR DO changes that. No amount of excuses or reasons or whatever can CHANGE that REALITY! That’s what I’m trying to IMPART to you. NOBODY CARES WHY. It IS. The end.

Listen guy. I cheered for Vega when he got his build showcased by Rob2628. I did not say and did not think of any such thing that you typed right there. I would never take that achievement away from somebody. I saw the run and thought it was sick af!

In fact, the reason I am acting like this to you is because I am in part defending his achievement. You’re trying to say it’s invalid only because of the way shrines work or whatnot. I’m calling bull on that and it’s the skill of the player.

In actuality I’m greatly reverent of great players and your behavior is not of a top player. I don’t care what the leaderboard score says. You’re a scrub. End of.

In my lifetime, I’ve had the pleasure and honor of witnessing the best in the world, not just at their very best, but seeing them come up and becoming, then BEING the best. Players like Daigo Umehara, Justin Wong, Tokido, Infiltration, Momochi, Punk, JDCR, Knee, Arslan Ash. None of them behave like how you did and none of them ever would. Just think about that for a moment.

World class bro. World class. That ain’t you.

Dude, Just Put Up a Score…ITS easy…less Talk more Score…