Gauntlet is boring?

im trying a super ghetto no ubers WW / shrine build. Basically just stack shrine duration on your neck, boots then gear up a standard WW guy. Second try nfc what I was doing I got 40K higher score than my try hard build. Think I can crack 700k with it lol.

I did this on my meteor sorc for funzies. IT was decent in gauntlet and easily clears vault 100s but im too slow in gauntlet so I cant break into top 100.

So you have clearly never played LE?

I’ve been no-life-ing LE like a fiend since the launch. I got 3 lvl 90+ primalists (barbs with spells and pets lol!!!) yet I took time to play Gauntlet. It’s a lot of fun. You don’t need uber gear, although it helps. I haven’t even put in hota yet and im running out of stuff to kill. The first boss takes too long with just WW, so it kinda kills my score. That, and if I let any shrines drop it takes another 20 sec to kill another one. With hota (I’ll drop a shout) I think I can cut it down to 3-5 seconds. That will snowball to an eventual 200k+ bonus points.

Gauntlet is fun if you put a little effort into it. Ubers just make it easier I guess.

I don’t disagree with you. I was just trying to be positive.

I’ve been waiting for the D4 pros and gurus here in the forum who say they run T100s in 2-3m with no Ubers (and thus, no one needs em’) to show up in the Top 50 and I can’t find a single character in any class in the Top 50 with less than 3 Ubers.

I’m not saying they’re necessary at all, I scored my Worthy Seal on the first go with my silly not-a-single-uber wearing charge/hota Barb and the second time I ran it on my CE/Bone Necro, again, with no Ubers because I’m super unlucky and have gotten one over about ~100 or so Duriel runs, but as you say, they at least seem to help and now I’m extra curious what I could do with 1 or 2 of them.

Nah, you won’t win or anything with no ubers, but you can participate and have fun.

Ran it once and it felt like I was in a normal dungeon, with bosses randomly scattered around and strange new shrines. Trying to kill everything as fast as possible, so not really actually much different than normal play.

Wish they had a new graphics area or something more different to make it really feel like a gauntlet

they delayed the gauntlet release for what they released now ahahahaha are they serious

1 Like

last epoch has leaderboards since pre-release of a game
its called endless arena.
oh btw u cant hide your profile like in diablo4
cause there is a site dedicated for you to see everybody setups on leaderboard

@Topic gaunlet boring+bad

1 Like

I like it, i would actually want them to add a non-timer mode gauntlet with a different way to finish it, i think it could be a fun activity, and timer mode is for the leaderboards, but whatever even as is its a good mode, i don’t need to compete to enjoy it, i can just try to beat my own PB score and earn seal of the worthy each week, play any alts, jump in early etc just have fun with with my main each season being the one i keep in mind for leaderboards perhaps. But honestly with everyone copying meta and streamers, the baseline average will raise so high a self made builder like me will struggle unless in get it right, which is okay i guess, how can you truly keep it fair, you can’t really and for that reason i think a top 1000 is a little low, people can buy mats to far these items makes it unfair. So they really need to raise the mats drops or do something, since i can play alot too much than i would like and not even compete with people how buy mats or do group runs and forcing group play is rude. They game should be fair for solo players like it said it would be.
So yeah i have fun with it, but i never expect to actually be competitive. Which is fine it’s not a feature i play Diablo for anyway.

You said it all. Nothing to add. Agree 100%.

I logged in and did a few runs when I woke up. Slapped in hota. Im sniffing the bottom of the leaderboards with no ubers :smiley:
Gets your heart pumping like coffeee

I discovered grimdawn and its one of the best arpgs ive played in a while

cool and why you reply to me? idc what u play

We should only compete with people without Shako, that would make it more interesting. But I would like to compete with people with the same build as me.

Grimdawn is wayy better

No grandfather is the main issue because with grandfather your over all dps increases by a ton… not to mention a doombringer with grandfather…

Grandfather and shako tech needs to be shared by all.

The most funny part is how non-Uber Unique players beat in score those with Grandfather and Shako. It must be very satisfying to those players.