i click play from battle.net app it says launching then says playing now but nothing happens at all it then reverts to play I’ve tried scan and repair and even uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect windows is up to date and i have the latest gpu drivers. it works on my older pc in the office and my last generation alienware tower but not my new main tower with the same gpu and im at a loss why it wont even load even just to crash but nothing at all is confusing
This maybe late but , log out of bnet and then use task manager to locate D4 in the task manager and end task. hope this helps
it doesnt show up in task manager at all i see battle.net when i start it but never d4 but thanks for trying
Having the same problem. I think it’s the Windows 11 update. Patch didn’t fix it. Tried reinstalling both Diablo 4 and Battlenet, still doesn’t work.
i think so too but the other 2 are also windows 11 and have no issue but i think this one did the preview patch and dont want to deal with the hassle of reverting the pc so ill have to just play on 1 of the older 1’s till it fixes itself
I have this problem also. I tried repair and it gives me a code error. Tried all the trouble shooting and nothing works. I am now trying reinstalling D4.
I notice someone said windows 11 update maybe the cause. Funny that because something always breaks for me when i update that and I said to myself “ what’s it going to break this time”. I swear, who needs hackers when you got a company legally damaging and ruining our hardware doing the job for them.
did you log completely out of B net ? then use task manager. That was the only way I saw d4 was up running in background.
yes i looked b4 and after
I just uninstalled the latest windows 11 updates while I am waiting for D4 to download and reinstall. I got slow internet so I won’t have an answer if it works or not for several hours or so. I will let you know if it does fix it.
The reason I ask , I could not see d4 at all until all process were off on bnet. it was using 58% memory when I say that I knew something else was running in the background , it took a few minutes but D4 came up and I ended the task.
@Floydr4616 I will try that if everything else has failed. I do feel like I had a bit of a glitch in my patch update or something as it was only 700mb the first time. Pressed start and nothing happened. Then I did repair and it downloaded and was over 2gb all though failed to install giving me error. It was actually similar problems if I have run out of disk space or had been corrupted, so I uninstalled a few things freeing up space and nothing changed.
I had caped memory before with my main drive and switched my games to a 1TB drive so I would not be dependent on that. May want to run scan disk on the drive your using to fix errors too, can’t hurt.
just built my tower in Dec with the new samsung 8tb 9100 pro series SSD with almost 6tb free plus i have 256gb’s of Gskill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 ram currently i have 6 edge tabs open battle.net steam and wargaming open and am only using 17gb’s of memory and my gpu has 24gb’s of GDDR6 i can play wow tons of steam games and world of warships all with no issues except for D4
Is it possible that I have been banned? is this what happens when your banned or would I have notice of it. I ask that because i did write a nasty post last week about Blizzard how slow they are fixing things. I even got errors logging into my account telling me it can’t find my phone number even though it still accepts it and able to log in still.
It turns out that it was very likely the Windows 11 update that caused the problem. I rolled back and uninstalled the update and I am able to play Diablo 4 again.
D4 is working now after just uninstalling the lastest windows 11 updates and reinstalling D4. I had no restore points to do a rollback or system restore so I am very glad this way worked otherwise I would be stuck I guess.
Thank you guys for the help, much appreciated
I have the same problem as you guys, i wil try the same with the windows and see if it works
How did you reroll the window update?
I just reroll the Nivdia driver to the old one before the maj 12 update and it works now
I noticed that when i looked in task manager it showed Diablo retail as using over 9gb! Wtf is that all about?