Game is unplayable thanks to lag

So I redownloaded D4 with the hopes of playing through the season but the game is completely unplayable for me. I lag so bad I cant accomplish anything. I can get about 10 minutes of forcing my way through the lag trying to play before it just freezes and I get disconnected.
I have checked all my connections, computer, ran every test I can think of an adjusted every setting I can and everything is fine on my end. This is the only game this happens with, WoW, Helldivers 2, League… literally every other game I plan runs fine and has 0 issues.
I am sure someone will comment on here saying there game runs fine and it must be my connection… go away, Me and hundreds of other people are having this issue, I have seen it posted all over the place. Just because the server your connected to works doesn’t mean the devs don’t have serious issues with other ones. I am going to give it another week or two of trying and if it doesn’t get fixed then unfortunately it looks like another uninstall for D4. Seriously disappointed with the amount of money I spent for a game that doesn’t work.

Hi, I am experiencing severe lag too! So its not just you. And it seems to be getting worse by the day.

Not experiencing lag. Then again, maybe i don’t know lag and I’m experiencing it. Using laptop, Ryzen9, RTX4060, 16G ram, SSD 512G, wifi 6. I’m on Bell fibe 1.5G internet. Portal trips are so fast I can only read a few words of the tip during a transfer. I would like a pause button when a tip is displayed so I can read it all. Can you describe your equipment and communication?

i feel for you. they keep removing my post on the same trouble you are having. dont know what to do.

I have also been experiencing this issue for the last few weeks. A lot of lag spikes and rubberbanding. It seems worse on the softcore seasonal realm, although it is still somewhat present on the hardcore seasonal realm as well. I’ve tested a few other games like world of warcraft and do not have the same problems. Today the lag has been worse than I’ve ever seen it with the in-game latency monitor jumping around between 65ms and 2k ms. I am in northern virginia on Verizon FIOS.

Those of you continuing to have issues, give this thread a read:

-For everyone having connection issues of various types: UPDATE 6-9-24

This has been updated recently to correct broken links. Blizzard had removed links for the original tools, so this has been updated to still provide you the tools you need.

Try to run some of these tests if you can, especially while encountering issues if possible.

You can post your results on this thread.

After posting the WinMTR statistics here I noticed that I had ~2% packet loss between my router and the first node in my ISP’s network. I contacted the ISP about the issue and they resolved it and now it appears that my lag issues have been resolved.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!

Glad to hear it helped. I know it seems like there are a lot of connection issues, but often the problem is closer to you than the server.

That doesn’t excuse the game for being so damn touchy about its connection though. Just so we are clear.

But often the cause is not on the server end, and for most of these problems, this is what I end up seeing.

Not what many want to hear, but it happens. But thanks for troubleshooting and finding the cause of your problems!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.