Game hangs at loading after patch

So I it seems to load only in windowed mode with sound disabled. Once the game starts I can re-enable the sound and it keeps working.

It may also be that after restarting the game enough times I just got lucky and it loaded.

I love your potatoes. Keep it up!

You would think that a 4+ gig patch would get some proof-reading before they enable it. Its stuff like this that makes me hate online only games…

Same here

Stuck a blizzard screen on my pc and can’t get through.

Works fine on ps5 though.

Alt-Enter worked for me too …

Chiming in to let folks know that the team is investigating the issue. Thank you to all the folks reporting, and also sharing workarounds that have worked for them. As news comes from the team, we will share and update folks here.

Thank you for your patience!

14 Likes

Very glad for the acknowledgement. Thank you.

1 Like

Ya, at first it hung at first Blizzard screen, I uninstalled then re-installed and it told me I need Windows 10 or higher… I completely deleted every single Blizzard, Battle.net, Diablo folder from my hard drive, removed my AMD driver for GPU, re-installed that, sfc /scannow my PC, re-installed for the 3rd time today and back to hanging on first Blizzard screen at launch…

I also can not get in. Tried some of the workarounds but nothing is working. Just a few hours till my weekend is over and I just wanted to slay some monsters and get some loot. Bummer.

The Alt-Enter windowed mode worked once. I played for around 1 hour and then the game froze in a Helltide. I couldn’t get back in. I’m done with playing until this gets fixed. There needs to be more play testing or bring back the public test realm strategy. Very frustrating to have a stable game and then game breaking bugs after a patch. I wasted more time trying to get around the bug than playing tonight.

1 Like

Im re downloading the game, ill see if that works…

ditto did all the same blizz patch broke it

in (windows terminal) powershell
get-content ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo IV\FenrisDebug.txt’ -Wait -Tail 10

-launch game
-can watch it load see if it keeps hang at a specific point

or read log manually

get-help get-content
for information on the powershell command

Same here, keeps doing it and had my first hard lock up on my PC in years while playing to boot. Devs hit another home run…

1 Like

Pretty disappointing the state that these patches and seasons launch in. Please give in and allow a PTR of some sort so somebody can test and improve your game for you.

1 Like

Seriously disappointed at this point in the lack of competency. It was reported 7 hours ago and still no fix?

6 Likes

I can’t understand how Blizzard releases a patch so poorly done that many, many players on PC can’t even enter the game, everything freezes, either at the Startup screen or at Queuq’s message to enter the character screen, or load us into the game. We bought the game to play, it is unacceptable not to test it on their computers. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, FIX THIS, or cancel the patch so that those who play on PC can at least get into THE GAME. ABSURD.

8 Likes

My issue began before today’s patch. Same symptoms most people stated. However it only happens on loading/transition screens

It took 5 hours for the community manager to say something.

1 Like

Agreed. same issue with me.