Game crashing a LOT

So, I’ve been playing the game until lvl 12 so far since the release time of the beta.

I’m only lvl 12 cause my game crashed cause of an app called Armoury Crate (the first time).
Then it crashed Cause of TeamSpeak
Then it crashed cause of Display Fusion twice (this I only knew cause my taskbar disappeared on my second screen both times way before the game actually died)
And lastly it crashed due to Discord

I say “due to” cause those were the apps that when I ctrl-alt-deleted them once each my Windows started working again (while the game had stopped running)

One of the times I got a weird sound whenever I clicked my mouse, when I closed TS that sound stopped and the game started working again but the other times the game just crashed and I was back to Windows.

Well, not when Armoury Crate died cause then I got 100+ error messages and I couldn’t do anything so I had to pull the plug cause even the power button on the PC wouldn’t do anything

Hi,

First of: Sorry to read you had such a horrible experience =/

I write because I noticed you mentioned Armoury Crate and a lot of crashes.
Most of them sound like they are caused by the alt + tab issue, which Blizzard very recently labelled as a known issue: Exclusive Fullscreen Instability in Beta - PC Technical Support - Diablo IV Forums (blizzard.com)

Now, for the other countless of errors you are describing… It really does extend beyond the scope of this technical forum, but you sound like you need the insight, so I hope you do not mind :slight_smile: - I certainly wished I had known >.>

I own an ASUS motherboard too, which comes “bundled” with Armoury Crate.
That tool is one of the worst things I have ever seen bundled with anything from ASUS. The official ASUS forums are filled with people complaining about the instability that “app” causes. It is bordering to root-kit with how it is installed, but you can disable it and get rid of it. You have to enter BIOS/UEFI and disable the auto-installer first, though (I know, right!?) … otherwise it will just attempt to re-installed itself after a reboot.

All that said, I just learned today that you should always stresstest a custom build PC to avoid instability issues like the ones people are describing with the beta, where hardware ends up failing. It might be of little comfort to you now, that it sounds like your hardware has run into serious issues, again that really sucks…
… but for the future:
I found a tool, which is very user friendly, that lets one test stability of your hardware. feel free to take a look if you get your PC back up and running =/
Link: https://www.ocbase.com/

Best of luck to you, and may you soon be able to re-enter the open beta!

My newest issue is that whenever I finally get back into the game I get either the “Diablo 4 has files that needs repaired” (I forgot what the error message says but that’s the main idea =) Or it says that one and that I’ve run out of memory which is weird .

Will check what Rashna said as well (And I’ve already shut down Armoury Crate before I start up the game by ctrl-alt-delete every time I want to try D4 now =)

1 Like

Yep, same. Last weekend I was humming along. This weekend I have spent hours in queue and loading due to the game typically freezing/locking-up after a minute or two. Forcing me to hard reboot. I’m giving up on this for now. Might try again at a quieter period. Hopefully it’s just server load

Yeah same thing happens to me play for 1-2 minutes then i click on something and it goes to not responding… Sadge

You can shut Armoury Crate down, but it still has services in Windows that runs in the background, and these services need to be deleted in CMD/Power Shell with admin priviliges. Of course you can leave them be, but they might still interfere with system stability.
I am telling you that thing is evil, spawned from the pits of The Burning Hells themselves :wink:

Anyway…

As for the link I sent last night about the Exclusive Fullscreen: The dev team released a patch during the late night that removes that display option all together, tempoarily of course, until they can fix it :slight_smile:

impossible to play, i delete the game ! Game still crashing over over again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.