Game crashes when trying to alt tab

When starting the beta and trying to tab out or use windows key + D to get to the desktop the game crashes with a dialog window code: B26714EF-4F3B-4824-A53F-B953430B4842

this happens every time but didnt happen the early access beta last week, even with the new updated nvidia driver.

Edit1 : after trying the fith time, now it suddenly works, i added the “-aftermath” command to get a crash text and now i can alt tab? weird. will add crash text if it happens again

Edit 2: ok it was a fluke, crashed again, crash text: crash beta - Pastebin.com

Edit3: when using the windows key only and using my other monitor it works, but when i want to switch to a window that on the same screen as the game it crashes

4 Likes

This is very real, happening to me as well.

I still access other windows by pressing windows key, and having a second monitor, but as soon as anything passes into the gameplay screen of D4 it immediately crashes.

exactly as you said, when using the windows key only and using my other monitor it works, but when i want to switch to a window that on the same screen as the game it crashes

When sitting in the queue, the application will crash if I turn off my monitor. It seems like (maybe) actions that cause the application to not be currently active in the foreground can crash it. Reportedly, deleting Diablo 4 in the Documents folder fixes this, which I guess resets the game settings from full screen to windowed.

2 Likes

Can confirm this works. Delete the Diablo IV folder in documents. Im sitting in Queue and waiting to see if the fix remains.

^^ This… Worked for me as well… Altough mine keeps fullscreen, but canj alt-tab etc.

same thing happened to me. Weird. I am now running it in windows mode & WAITING session. LOL>

Mine is in windowed full screen, and it’s crashed on me three times and frozen completely once.

Same happing to me as well. Can’t minimize window without it crashing. Also start-up is really long and clicking play.

happening to me as well. Wish the first beta had all of the classes so I would have at least experienced the Druid and Necro as intended. This beta is so much worse in many ways outside of more volume.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.