Game Crashes to gray screen and doesn't make it to title screen

Both Betas worked fine for me, I have a 4090, and a 13900k processor, it’s not specs. I’ve tried all of the steps on the troubleshooting page, I’ve downloaded drivers, C++ runtimes, DirectX, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled on 2 different drives, and none of it helped.

Couple of suggestions:

1. Remove the LocalPrefs file for Diablo IV.
  • Shut down the bnet app…
  • Delete the LocalPrefs file. This is located in Documents\Diablo IV.
  • Restart the app and try again.
  1. Make sure that Battle.net app is not running in compatibility mode. (I doubt this is the case with your description, but it doesn’t hurt to check) Right-click the shortcut for the bnet app, go to properties->compatibility. Make sure its not set to run in compatibility mode.

2. Download the latest driver for the card, but make sure to use a clean install option. May want to try removing Geforce experience.

Let me know if none of this helps.

Thanks, I’ve done all that and it’s still crashing on start.

Alright then. Please go here, and follow the steps to do a report on the system to help troubleshoot it:

Ok, I’ve got the files, where do I attach them?

You just need to copy/paste them into your reply. (the text)

There is some additional info here if the MSInfo is too large:

To reduce the file’s size:

1. Open the saved MSInfo file.
  2. Press Ctrl + F and search for [Windows Error Reporting].
  3. Delete everything after the first ten lines of [Windows Error Reporting].
    4.Note: You can press Ctrl+Shift+End to select the text between your cursor and the end of the document.*
  4. Save the file.

Note: If you had to reduce the size of your MSInfo file, please let us know in your ticket so we can troubleshoot your problem accordingly.

Ok, both files are too large the MSInfo file is too long even with the shortening suggestion, can I not just attach the file somewhere so you can have all the info / context?

Refer to the instructions in this thread under “All Technical Issues”:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.