Game crashes on startup

Tried early access with the new Nvidia driver released 5/30/23 and still crashes on startup. So much for ordering ultimate to play early…

Same for me on launch day. Really poor experience :frowning:

Same issue on launch day… Freezes as soon as the Blizzard logo loads.

Game hangs on start up, grey screen and wont load past the Blizzard title.

Same issue here… won’t load.

Same for me. Reported this back in Server Slam and still happening at launch. Crash on Blizzard logo now instead of Diablo 4 logo. You can double click quickly to get into queue but then it just crashes after queue ends and game loads instead. Tried windowed mode, usual suspect settings from earlier in this thread, etc, and no luck. It actually seems worse now. Previously it would randomly work 1 in every 10-20 tries if you just keep trying. I’ve tried over 100 times since game went live now and nothing works. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

I fixed this by moving the game from my X: drive (GAMMIX S70 BLADE 2TB) to my C: drive (WD SN750 500GB). Maybe the game doesn’t like certain SSDs or not being on the C: drive?

Appears to be SSD related. I had 2 separate SSDs (same model) I had tried during server slam. Copying to a WD removable 1TB drive, and now it loads fine.

YMMV, good luck all

Just got this issue with my new pc. Tried all of the above and nothing worked. Closed MSI Afterburner and Steam (probably overlay issue) and i got past the splash screen and now im in queue. GLGL

I think i found a fix, reinstall the game

Open Task Manager and kill GameManager app (Razer icon) fixed this for me.

EDIT: Nevermind, crashed after a few hours and Im stuck at loading screen again.

I had these issues on the server slam, still happening. i’m trying to move the installation to a 2nd nvme crucial drive. I’ll update if that fixes it.

UPDATE:
reinstalled on secondary drive (D:), worked first time.

Copied game files to a different SSD (actually from my C drive to a secondary one) and it works now.

Did not work on a Corsair MP600 PRO NH. Does work on a Samsung SSD 860 EVO.

Game crashing on start up, unable to play. 70$ gaming experience in 20XX.

E39C03E8-587B-4C1A-AF96-98FE4BED3CFC

Same issue. Game crashes on logo loading screen.

Same for me.
Re install to another SSD now =(

Same issues as I reported in server slam. Removing high-res texture pack, lowering details, etc etc. Reduces frequency of crashes but still get every 30min-1hr.

5900X, 3080, 32GB - super stable, no crashes in many months except D4.

Had the issues again myself. (Edit: the issue being that the game hits the login queue and then freaks out. Audio drops and then the game becomes unresponsive after a few more seconds.) I only had the one SSD in my computer so I popped in an old HDD I had lying around. Game runs just fine off that drive. I’ve never had an issue with any other games…

i tried this and the crashes got less frequent but still crashes.

Beta No Issues
Server Slam No Issues

I Can’t Get Past Opening Logo for last hour
Nvidia Driver Updated Earlier Today
Repair ran nothing found.

:::::Update:::::
Uninstalled and reinstalled on different SSD booted right up