Game crashes - long wait for character select to display

After the two initial splash screens, game goes to authenticate/que etc. This works fine.
The next step however takes a long time:
I can see the screen that says “Create New Character” and “Start Game”, also “Play” and “Shop” on the top of the screen. Everything is frozen, and I can’t select anything.
My character is not shown.
It takes anywhere between 5 to 15 minutes for my actual character to appear, but at this point, once it does appear, the game has to re-connect. After it attempts to reconnect for a few seconds, the game fully crashes, with no error message.
All I can do is start all over again and hope it works. Took me over 30 minutes this morning to actually get in the game. The crash happened 3 or 4 times.

2 Likes

Exact same problem here. Yesterday had to try it in the morning and evening 10 to 15 times over and over. This morning (EU) same thing again.

When the characters finally appear, it has to re-connect, which obviously fails and the game crashes… so annoying

the same thing happened to me, I haven’t played this game for two days and bought the ultimate edition. is there no solution at all?

Same thing here. I was playing early access with no issues, then this.

The annoying this is that it would eventually work, after numerous attempts.
But today (patch 1.0.2.42200 I just can’t get it to work…
Edit: Spoke too soon, I was able to get in eventually, but it took many many attempts!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.