Game Crash resulting in whole system crash when using an ultrawide monitor

Since the game has moved from Beta to early access/live I have experienced over 150 application related crashes. The issue was not present during the betas. The following points of note:

• Most recent report ID: 68756E34-C503-4DF8-94C5-6B95C65C1A9B
  • All crashes that don’t completely freeze the entire system relate to an nvlddmkm error.
  • The issue only occues when using Diablo 4 (issue has not presented in Starcraft 2, Destiny 2, Hogwarts Legacy, V Rising or 7 Days to Die)
  • I use an ultrawide monitor (samsung G9)
  • The issue does not present when using a trashy 24" monitor

I have tried the following troubleshooting

• rolling back to previous drives used prior to D4 launch
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent driver
  • uninstall/re-install of the game
  • clearing of all cache
  • Lowering of all in-game graphical settings to reduce load

The full Error details from event viewer as follows:
"The description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Error occurred on GPUID: 100

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table"

Sysinfo
CPU: Intel Core i5-10600k
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080
Motherboard: Z590 Aorus Master
Ram: 64GB

I can provide approximately 150+ instances of the same error occuring since the launch of the game.

1 Like

There is a new NVIDIA Driver out now, maybe its a Driver Problem? Try it. Did U installed the Driver for Ur Screen from the Company of Ur Screen aswell?

Greetings
LordBuliwyf