Game Changing Setting?

Recently I was thinking about if there was one change I could make to arpgs that would make them much more enjoyable (to me), what would that change be.

I’ll start by saying that I’m a person who likes guides. I’ve always liked guides and I’ve mostly played games that had good guide support. I think this stems from my not wanting to get stuck and waste my money so I figure if the game has good guide support I won’t get stuck. I also kind of like to map out my character in advance. So what would this mythical change be that any company could apply to their arpg?

Simple, allow me to create my level one character but let me set up all my skill/passive points through max level. Then all I have to do is have fun playing the game and when I level up, the skill point will automatically go to where I wanted to go. This would be a game changer in all arpgs for me. Face it, game companies keep making more complex characters with more skill/passive points. I would so much rather have the option to set all that stuff up at level one and just play the game.

1 Like

So a convenience feature for us lazy people, I’m all for it. Would apply for everyone though, not just people who use guides of course. Regardless I approve, I will always endorse more options in the game.

I just dont get the point of buying a game and then immediately going to some guide that tells you everything you need to do. Its so surprising how many people dont want to experience and learn for themselves.

might as well have a option, can be like the reverse of the rework feature basically. I mean you are going to copy paste anyway, might as well let you map that out.
Options that don’t give advantage or are forced i am all for. But not something i see as urgent for the games resources right now. Good idea though for ppl like you.I would never use it, but i don’t mind it in the game.

I’ve asked for an In-game Paragon Planner for …well forever.
To me, that’s the biggest thing missing in Character building.

If you go to Build Planner websites, there’s interface functionality there that I would absolutely love to see come to the game.

1. Full Zoom Out - see the entire Paragon layout at once - ALL Boards
  2. Labels Labels Labels
  • Each board Labeled top left by a. [Legendary Node] b. [Rare Glyph socketed]
  1. All Boards at Once! - We can put every single board together. Move them around at will.
    SEE THEM all at once regardless of “Gate Nodes” or points applied.

Defining a Paragon path, seeing the entirety of the layout, moving Boards around, LABELS etc.
All IN-GAME, no 3rd party “planner”, Full freaking Zoom Out View, full customizable ‘try before you buy’ & proper planning functionality tools.

I hope it comes some day.

I 100% acknowledge what you are saying. Let me explain why I, or a personal similar to me might like guides. In my case, I suffer from severe anxiety. I have learned over the years that if I know what’s coming, my anxiety is lower. If I don’t know what is coming, my anxiety is high and it’s very uncomfortable. There was a time when I was a teenager where I was in a convenience store and I saw this big thick video game magazine. I picked it up and noticed it was about Final Fantasy 7 and it was a complete walkthrough with all the tips and tricks for beating Final Fantasy 7. That was a magical moment for me. Seeing all the complexity in the game and knowing that I have basically like a bible to play it. It was awesome. That’s why I like guides and a person like me may like guides and like to know what’s coming up in advance.

Respectfully

You don’t need to explain yourself.
There’s around 10 scripted comments used throughout.
10 for a 1$ ones found in the bargain bin, used ad nauseum.

Play how you want, guides or no guides, trading or no trading.
If you’re finding some enjoyment, in any flavor, that’s all that matters.

1 Like