Game changes that are needed, IMO

I like Diablo IV and have been playing it since the Beta. There have been some positive changes to the game that has helped improve the overall experience but in my opinion the below changes would help improve the game as well:

1. Add the ability for spec/gear loadouts via the wardrobe (like in D3) Respec’ing is so laborious and pain in the butt that most dont change specs. It would be nice to go to the wardrobe and switch specs and gear for NMD100, Bossing, Regular, speedfarming, gauntlet.
  2. Reduce the mats needed for the end game bosses, this in my opinion would help take the massive grind out of the end game, having to run helltides, having to complete tree of whispers, and other events (which return zero gear) which are just a time sink other than mats.
  3. Fix the enchanting of gear. Its too expensive and the RNG on all possible stats is ridiculous. I just burned over 400mil gold on a good roll item, I just needed Cooldown reduction and couldnt get it. Reduce the cost, and add the ability to enchant multiple stats or something. Quit making everything punitive. Because the end game is a .00001% improvement model, the enchanting is really needed. Ive had the same Amulet and Gloves since I cant get a good roll that beats my 850/866 items and I cant enchant anymore nor can I get gear to replace them. It stagnates the player and I think is horrible.
  4. Reduce the cost of producing sigils for NMD/NMV. Each class has the specific list of “no, no” affixes and I also dont run the ones with Lightning Storm, Drifting Shade, Volcanic, etc. because they are what I call “Fun Suck Mechanics” so I run out of sigil dust and sigils. Reduce the cost, please.
  5. Fix the item level drop range for end game bosses to be relative to the character level. A level 100 running Varshan will almost never get a class ring at 925 and the class rings rarely if ever drop from anything else. I got a lvl90 piece of gear recently and it just showed that the item lvl range is broken.

I like the game and see its potential. Please consider the above as it will improve the overall end game experience.

1 Like

All but your first point (which I agree would be great to have) have been addressed to some degree in season 4.

5 Likes

1 - in the works, we just don’t know when it’ll get here.

2 - We can hope right? New patch will help alleviate this though. Goblins will drop random parts to summon the first 4 bosses.

3 - S4 patch will address this in a fashion, you may want to read the PTR patch notes.

4 - Also changing come S4, 90% of the negative affixes have been removed.

5 - Also getting a change come S4, again in some fashion.

So I mean congrats a lot of this stuff is getting changes.

3 Likes

I will say that I don’t really agree that these are game changes that are “needed”. There are other, more important things, that they should be focusing on to fix the game.

1 Like

The whole notion of salvaging and creating NMDs should be removed. These should be special challenges instead of mandatory/reliable/repetitive runs

OW has enough content in S4 so NMDs can become what they should’ve been for a while now (secret/special challenges)

Totally disagree. Fire Sorc is a Fire Sorc. Wanna lightning one ?, level up from scratch

That’s how things SHOULD work (if things worked properly at least), but sadly that’s not the case

People are asking for loadouts since the game doesn’t work as intended (not because it would be an improvement to have it), but it’s still the absolutely wrong way to proceed

The other 3 (as most mentioned by now) are being addressed in S4

1 Like

I mean the ability to change your current spec to a modified one. End game build, versus Bossing build, versus speedfarming build, vs Gauntlet build for the same root spec, but even it did allow you to switch completely, why would that be a bad thing? I have a Ball Lightning Sorc and it would be nice to use a loadout for Gauntlet or NMD100 builds, the majority of the build is the same, but certain skills are adjusted and a few pieces of gear are adjusted, but since we cant save that loadout, you are stuck with one specific build until you spend a bunch of time switching.

If op spent 5 minutes reading these forums they would know everything they claim is needed has already been mentioned numerous times.

Coming, probably in the first expansion, but we don’t actually have a date for this so it could be sooner, or later.

They only require 1 of each materials (based on what I saw on stream today), unless you want to summon the level 200 boss, which requires 3 of each. I don’t think you can realistically ask them to reduce the matts required from 1 to … uh… 0?

They’re also making the materials drop from virtually everything you do, and it’s been know for a month because it was like this in PTR.

Enchanting is fixed in S4, you could have play tested PTR and figured that out, or just read the numerous posts on it.
There’s a much smaller set of attributes that you can roll now, the cost of rolling is drastically reduced, and the amount of materials you find in the world is drastically increased. Also the enchanting cost is gold capped now, so you won’t spend hundreds of millions on a single item anymore.

The Sigils have changed (which again, PTR). They have reduced the number of affixes, they’ve removed some of the ‘bad’ affixes that people avoid, and the materials drop enough that rolling for what you want has never really been a problem even for super casual players. Most of the affixes that people avoid are not even a problem anyway. Most of them were significantly nerfed in S2/S3.

Any enemy above level 95 will drop 925 gear. Again, we’ve known about this for a month because… you guessed it… PTR.

You can do NMD 45+ and get 925 loot basically, and you can do this at 50-60ish if you’ve got a decent enough build. Uber uniques will also always drop at 925 and can start dropping from level 55.

All valid points, just way too late because it’s all already been addressed, and we get to play it in less than 2 weeks.