Frozen orbit bug fix is a major nerf

Nerf to the winterglass was whatever, it’s the bug fix to frozen orbit that is the big nerf and I don’t see people really talking about it. I don’t think many people realize how much damage the conjuration mastery was contributing to the frozen orb build.

Explosions from the frozen orbit aspect not triggering more conjurations basically means take whatever stack of conjuration you were maintaining in ptr and divide it by 3.

For example if your setup lets you maintain 21 stacks of conjuration, that gives a 6x21=126%(x) damage multiplier with 6 point in conj mastery.

After the bug fix you’ll only get up to 7 stacks. For a 42%(x) damage multiplier, a 84% difference(!). So yeah looks to be a heavy heavy nerf. Probably knocks it out of S tier to A-/B tier compared to others s4 builds.

Hope I’m wrong, but Just wanna temper peoples expectations.

4 Likes

I believe you are right. This nerf made Winter glass trash

2 Likes

I think it will be fine once paired with Starless Skies and Shako.

Also, you forgot to factor what proper farm time with greater affixes attack speed and lucky it would do to the final stacks. I bet the final number will be around 21 on average.

Frozen orb was crazy OP on PTR. I think its still a very viable build.

1 Like

First, a bug fix is not a nerf.
Why don´t you try it out before post suppositions ?

2 Likes

Starless Skies is not good for sorc anymore. You need spend mana to reduce CD of ice armor

first, a nerf is a nerf, from bug fix or not from bug fix, the result nerfed

second, math is math, you can tell from path notes

1 Like

I mean it’s more of a supposition to assume everything is peachy without running any numbers isn’t it?

Anyway frozen orb will be viable just not even close to the same level as minions necro, werenado druid, hurricane etc. probably somewhere below blizzard and frosty strides for sorcs.

I just thought it was a shame since it was a featured build this season that they gutted it.

3 Likes

Sad to see it gutted. Way less hyped for the season now

2 Likes

This is the internet. No facts, due diligence, homework required. The bigger the unsupported statement matched with equal indignance the better to signal you belong on the internet. :rofl:

2 Likes

Which was also nerfed by a LOT.

1 Like

You might be short selling it a bit.

Right now, on eternal server, 2x hydra, lightning spear, and 2-4 ice blades are possible with just ice blade enchant (you can ‘cheese’ a parse with the ice ult/aspect of moar flame shield, but that isnt reflected here). Thats 5-7x counter for mastery. Including this amulet will increase the ice blades until you’re kinda using iceblades as a weave with all other skills, maybe even to the point of replacing a spender in your rota. Conjuration requires a bit of monitoring and casting at a variable cadence but everything besides bosses dies too fast to really see it if you’re not familiar with a conjur spec.

It will probably still be good if a conjure build is your focus. Also we get another hard cast hydra.

The real shortfall of this amulet for me is:
A) nope to hard cast orb, unless they made it like a “hold to fire, release to trigger explosion” or “hard target to control range” control. I didnt ptr so cant speak to new control scheme yet.
B) what about my devouring blaze on ammulet tho
C) mildly obnoxious design that looked like it had some runaway math in the code, placing it directly in the crosshairs for future nerf, evidenced by the patch notes

You are all forgetting the big bug fix they gave for Soulbrand. And once you pair fixed Soulbrand with any sorc build, it’s going to be off the charts. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Cant be bugged its perfect already, unless i can wear another one?

aiya just quit the game la.

1 Like

You know…actually…I think we are going about this all wrong. We are getting a huge buff. EVerything I read about golems.

Normally I portal in a thorns barb or hota barb as my conjuration. But now I’m thinking I’ll just TP in a golem necro as my conjuration while I collect and read loot. It doesn’t get me an extra stack of conjuration mastery, but if it’s doing billions of damage I can live with that.

AND the fact that the FLAVOR of freebie gears give all the other classes with there most major skill changes gear for those builds… WHY DID SORC GET INCINERATE (1 change to the skill only, while orb got special unique, firebolt gear woulda be more ideal even with the changes going to basic skills) for there freebie gear ??? its such a anti-ARPG skill and it fails in power for the trade off of stopping to channel to do sub-par damage… please switch it ORB gear for SORC freebies, i feel like im being swindled by a used car salesmen here

They reeeeeeeeally want Incinerate to work; this is the third season in a row they’ve tried to juice it up, with the most extreme set of changes yet.

It makes me wonder what they’ll do if people still don’t use it in S4. Boost its damage by 1000% like they did with Charge in S3? Or will they finally give up on it and replace it with a skill that doesn’t inherently suck due to its mechanics.

2 Likes

We should all boycott Incinerate build even if it works in S4 so that they juice it up even more, and in S5 it comes an S Tier buil as a result.

2 Likes

Don’t knock incinerate till you try it. I ran incinerate with firewall and meteor enchants on PTR, leveled up with it to about 75.

Super easy and early WT3 and WT4 jumps. Nightmare dungeons a breeze. Low level pits just as easy. No uniques required. Don’t forget the new aspects turns it into a huge AoE, and on a 2H weapon increases damage by a sweet 180%

If only for leveling run incinerate, but I think it’ll be viable to at least P70. All without needing a single unique.