Frost Nova Spam Build

So there is a tempering manual that reduces the cool down of frost Nova from 15-20%. It is available on 5 slots and amulet gives +50% to that. Would it be possible to make a frost Nova build?

I just tried hitting duriel with 700 frost novas and it does zero damage.

Kidding aside, Macro told me there is also one that makes frost nova wider. For me, id rather hit a wide swath of enemies than hit one at a time more rapidly.

Probably for pvp you want one with wider swath. Only problem with PVP is that CC is reduced inherently.

Lastly, hoarfrost is great for frost nova.

2 Likes

Frost nova is a defensive skill. You will kill a total of zero mobs using it as a dmg dealer.

Frost nova work with Ice Shard enchantment, it will delete all mobs freeze by Frost Nova. Which is meta build for S0. It is less popular now due to long cd of Frost Nova, and there is faster build just can delete the mobs by TP on them with low cd. Maybe the new Tempering will help bring it back

oh the frost nova ice shards build was never dead. The problem with it is its scaling.
i used a conjuration, triggering frostnova, triggering shards build in aoz. As a main sourc e of dmg and not casting shards directly. Also using cc duration so each frostnova was shooting a lot more shards. cc duration itself proved to have a big flaw tho, as it turns out increasing it, also incresed the time the enemies couldnt be cced again after a unstoppable trigger.

It was fun for the first few levels, after u saw its flaws. even fully teched into shards, the shards enchant itself does a lot less dmg then normal casted shards. Which was why this really cool concept was dead for high level content. But its a pretty hilarious farm build, not gonna lie.

I love nova shards, but its useless against bosses and the damage delta between cast shards/enchant is disappointing, as you mentioned.

Eventually i took nova off my bar and performace was overall better, but nothing else really matches the impact feels of add clear with that skill combo tbh.

well for farming purposes, there was also hydra/LS + fireball enchant.
But in s4 the frostnova+conj version got a slight(big) buff with its super range now :smiley: . But sadly the shards cant keep up with its range, at some points they simply stopped flying if ur freeze was too far away. But the mechanic still triggered its animation. So shards enchant has a too small max range:/

1 Like

The main issue with using this build for farming in the current season is the frost nova cooldown. Even if you reduce its duration by max the skill points, your TP cd is always shorter than frost nova. It makes this build awkward in farming like you need to constantly hold on to your TP + nova combo till you see a big group of mobs.

There are other more efficient method with TP including the arc lash and even ball lightning which make Frost Nova less efficient. Other issue include the limited enchantment slot which you need to use the Ice Shard enchantment, which left you with one enchantment slot for either TP, fire bolt or Fireball which has become popular recently.

You forgot that there is the frostnova enchant, it has no cd, its purely based on lh and amounts of conjurations u can cook. and that gets the giga range as well, while also proccs ur shards.

we are not talking about farming t200 here, we talking about easy content.

Tried before in S3, not working well because it always triggered at wrong place and wrong time. It needs to trigger at the centre of big mob to be effective. As it work best with the TP Rainment pull then Nova to make a big blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABbmVfGZ2g

this doesnt use conj, but it shows that raiment pull isnt needed for that. i made a even better version with conj+nova enchant in the ptr, but didnt save it as a video.

It looks like a bug as he just use horse and this will be fixed.

Actually I tried to use ice shard nova in heltide too as the horse will give you one extra free nova from the freeze charge. But in NMD is not good as we cant use horse there. I have tried to revive this frost nova ice shard build but found no success in S3. Will try in S4 maybe some tempering affix can make this great again.

dude that is wudi running behind some1 using the frost nova build. he does zero in the video…

got it, the big radius will work with the conjuration build. Maybe we can try use Winter glass without add more skills to frozen orb. This can pump lot free conjuration.

either that or just run the old uc conj builds, doesnt really matter. it would probably even work with triple hydra, doesnt need stellar conj numbers is what im saying. Since they buffed the proccrate.
Obviously more conj translates to a lot more dmg from the multipliers.

I think Winter glass is promising as frozen orb can freeze enemy and trigger ice shard. And then a lot of conjuration pumped by it, depends how much Blizzard nerf this lovely Amulet before S4.

nah winterglass usually kills them while they still chilled

I put one point in frozen orb only as I all in Ice shard or maybe frost nova. Maybe I put zero point in frozen orb if I have shako. The main damage actually from Conjuration Mastery, which I think will be focus point of nerf if it is coming.

Are you guys safe? I’ll help you…from the trees…just don’t doxx me.

I’m gonna go hunt…brb